Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White or Blue Model Y LR AWD with Induction Wheels? Confused

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m 33/male/corporate and i ordered white, white interior, induction wheels. Blue was my original choice but, after much debating, white/black looks the sportiest and most classic to me. This picture made me happy.

Attachments

• DA6C4D49-5E40-4D2B-9B60-CCE0A8FF8D96.jpeg
    DA6C4D49-5E40-4D2B-9B60-CCE0A8FF8D96.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 3,987
Reactions: cablue and AdVanced
I’m 33/male/corporate and i ordered white, white interior, induction wheels. Blue was my original choice but, after much debating, white/black looks the sportiest and most classic to me. This picture made me happy.

I agree. Early 30s here and I opted for white exterior with the black induction. I do want to nix the wood dash trim though so I'm going to put in an order for the white trim (I got the black interior) as soon as possible. Hopefully once an SA reaches out.

my two cents. i've had several nice dark blue cars including my current MB e300. but i went with the white for a couple of reasons. 1. price 2. i'ts a multi-coat, better paint 3. i wasn't crazy about the 'chrome delete' with the blue. looks great with the white 4. same for the induction wheels, think they look much better with the white.

and i agree about possibly wrapping it in the future

I’m with you, can’t do white on white. Black or midnight silver with white interior seems a nice contrast as you step into the vehicle IMO.

You could also upgrade the free wheels for one of these: The Tesla Model Y Wheel and Tire Guide
It’ll give you black wheels with the benefits of 19 inch tires.

I can’t decide between white or blue. I’m leaning towards blue because I like the white interior and I don’t want the white on white combo.

+1 on contrasting colors. Originally ordered a White/White, but changed to White/Black with the Induction wheels.

If I really wanted the white interior, I'd probably go with Midnight Silver. It looks like the Induction wheels have a matte black finish that almost gives them a dark grey-ish look that almost gives the Midnight Silver a monochrome appearance.

Just curious. How does being a "corporate guy" impact color choice?

My guess, he means he doesn’t want it to be too bold or crazy. Don’t think with the current color selection from Tesla, he has anything to worry about. Lol.

White, black, and grays tend to not stick out. This is probably a concern for the OP. YMMV

I really don't think any colors available will "stand out". That's why I'm even surprised by the question. What stands out are the cars with custom color wraps.

Reactions: Aarons12
I just priced a Model Y out and saw that it's $2,000 to change the wheels. Yikes. I don't really like the 19s but for $2,000, I'd rather get something from TSportline: Tesla Model 3 Aftermarket Wheels
They have some nice options for less than $2,000.00.

$2K will only get you wheels from Tsportline tho.

20" Induction, TPMS sensors with 255/40/20 tires for $2K with OEM.