Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who achieves their EPA rated Wh/mi?

Who achieves their EPA rated Wh/mi?

• Yes I routinely get the EPA rated Wh/mi

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • No but rarely yes. I only get the EPA rated Wh/mi when I consciously try

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • No. I never get the EPA rated Wh/mi. I have a lead foot and like my cabin toasty.

Votes: 18 25.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that's darned impressive. Assume you stay in "chill" accel mode -- or are otherwise a "chill" driver.

Tried "chill" mode for a while; didn't care for it. I don't use the 0-60 in 5.2 (or whatever my car was advertised at) acceleration from a traffic signal but I am also way out in front of whoever is in second place. Don't know if that qualifies me as a "chill" driver. I use autopilot on the road almost exclusively and pass traffic as necessary so the car doesn't have to slow down and speed up all the time. Guess I'd rate myself as "semi aggressive" on acceleration. Rarely use brakes except to knock the rust off!

Side note: as much as I enjoyed YYZ I preferred YOW followed by YUL. I think YOW is a true gem in North America.

Side note: as much as I enjoyed YYZ I preferred YOW followed by YUL. I think YOW is a true gem in North America.
Please excuse we interrupt this thread for a brief moment. YOW (Ottawa - to those outside aviation space) is a gem. An unfulfilled dream of mine to skate the Rideau Canal. And in other Canadian news - very exciting the trans-Canada highway is now supercharged.

Back to the thread: Yes, I also tend to get my best consumption on the highway in autopilot - but only in Summer.

I get my best consumption on the highway in spring and fall - maybe 275 Wh/mi. Summer and winter are probably tied - I use a lot of AC in the summer, but only enough heat in winter to keep the windows defogged.

Now on a routine daily basis, my consumption is a little higher, more like 350 Wh/mi. This is because of the performance motor. And I’m not talking about the extra weight...