Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who Bought My 2021 Model Y? Was it you???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once you post anything on a forum you’re expecting to receive comments, so it’s not unsolicited.
If I were to buy a used car on Carvana, I wouldn’t want the previous owner to be contacting me.

He isn't contacting the new owner, he is inviting the new owner to contact him if they so chose... totally different. If the new owner doesn't want to contact him then they wont contact him. If they want some free stuff he has sitting in his garage collecting dust they may appreciate the offer. If not, no harm no foul.

I do agree that it is a good idea to delete the car from his account though, I don't think tracking it while Carvana had it was "creepy" but now that it is on its way to a new owner it is time to let go. Way to much info available from having this access... he could find out home, work, kids school, shopping habits... it would be almost as bad as Facebook!!!

Keith

Last edited:
He isn't contacting the new owner, he is inviting the new owner to contact him if they so chose... totally different. If the new owner doesn't want to contact him then they wont contact him. If they want some free stuff he has sitting in his garage collecting dust they may appreciate the offer. If not, no harm no foul.

Keith
And until they contact him he will casually stalk their every move! Lol

It's officially off my Tesla account as of last night... was easy to do.

My offers still stand, I have some OEM parts (side mirrors, floor mats (never used), puddle lights, extra soundproofing trim, etc..) if the new owner would like them.

Keith
Thank you.... that was my intent from the start.

I sold my 2021 LR Model Y Midnight Silver/White Interior (2Kmiles on odometer) to Carvana about a month ago...
My Tesla app is still working and I'l been following it from Long Island... For 3wks it's been sitting still in Manheim PA until a few days ago when it went inside a nearby building (now I know it was to take beauty photos for the Carvana site) and as of today it's moving west a bit towards the Great lakes?

It just showed up on the Carvana site in the last day or so, but it already says "Sale in progress"... so someone snapped up instantly.
Vin: xxx-3297

They are slightly off on the mileage.. I sold it to them with 2,450mi on it, as of today it has 2,485 not 2,084 as listed on Carvana.

I hope someone here on the forum got it, I have lots of extras on it that are not on Carvana (like full front end PPF!) that I'll be happy to discuss...

Rob

View attachment 723716
Very curious what you sold it for. You can PM me if you don't mind telling me. Always nice to know what my new car is already worth!