Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has installed automatic trunk closing system for model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so it looks like some crew (tesland) have finally created what most of us have been after. An automatic trunk opener and closure system. Looks like they are a European company without a us footprint.

Question: Anyone order and install this in the USA? How much was installation? How much were the parts? Did you get the foot closure option as well. Model 3 power liftgate

Reactions: mswlogo
Pretty sure they are just repackaging this, Model 3 Power Liftgate (Soft Closing) – Tesla Offer

However, installation service is a nice touch as it's a very elaborate installation that involves taking off multiple panels and connecting a multitude of wires. There is a Reddit thread recently done by someone who's done it and is in close contact with the inventing company to optimize their installation for better DIY efficiency.

• Helpful
Reactions: Intohouse
I do and I love it. But I do not live in de States.
Foot closure items were not in stock. Will arrive in a week or so.
Will install the foot sensor after the “tow hook” for my bike rack is installed so I can decide the best location for the sensor. You won’t see any wiring etc. if installed by someone with experience. Opening trunk work with touchscreen but to then close the trunk you’ll need and extra button or use the Tesla app. The extra button, which looks very good has been installed in the drivers door opening. This way I have to open my door slightly to push the button. It beats the other option of drilling in the dash.

I just got this product, from TeslaOffer.com, from China, installed yesterday. And I couldn't be happier!!! It's the V2 with foot sensor, $650. I live in Grand Rapids, Mi. and there were no recommend installers in this area. But i FOUND one!! Extreme Audio. Did a fantastic job!! Opens and closes using my foot, or phone app, or touchscreen. And of course there is a button inside the trunk lid to close it.Completely integrated with open and close statuses on the touchscreen and phone.
It arrived in 3 days from China, using DHL.
I emailed a copy of the installation manual as well as links to installation video to Extreme Audio ahead of time, so they would know what was involved. And they did a fantastic job.
Thanks!!

There are cheaper versions of power lift gate opener/closer, one from Handshow?? says doesn't not have to be attached to CanBus. But then it cannot show accurate open/close status as mine does. The only issue with mine is that sitting inside, with the trunk open, picture on the touchscreen does not show the trunk as being open. But as soon as I try to move, I get all the expected alarms and warnings that the trunk is open. Then I tap the open/close icon, and it quickly switches to a picture of an open truck now closing! So all the expected warnings are in place.
But now I have so many convenient and fun ways to close the trunk, I doubt this will ver be a problem.
I LOVE my Model 3. But not having this feature on the car from the factory was an issue. I tried the spring-loaded replacement struts for Evvanex. Opened great!! But then to close the trunk, I had to place everything on the ground, stand on my toes, and use both hands to close the trunk!Stupid solution for a 5'2" very active but still a grandma.
This power lift gate option is what should have been on my new car!!

FWIW, I've talked with Tesla reps about the powered liftgate installation, and was told any breaching of the wiring harness voids the vehicle's warranty.

My warranty expires in a couple days, so I'll be interested if anyone knows of a Seattle-area installer, thanks!

Regarding Nagnusen Moss, I wasn't enticed to buy my Tesla because of over-bold warrant promises. Please help me understand you point.

And, "nope," there are no installers of powered Tesla trunk lids in Seattle, or "nope" what?
Sorry about typos, but I did find a way of contacting Hansshow via a webmail link on their site.

After confirming my desire to talk with an installer in the greater-Seattle area, the person said she would see if she could find an installer amenable to my request.

I'm guessing no one else on this forum cares about my thoughts.

With that in mind, would people here prefer I not ask any questions?

Thanks,

Doug in Burlington, Wash.