Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has lost regen with winter tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and he said the solution is...? Did he have any insight into whether or not the control system is modifiable via software update? Just sort of blows my mind that Tesla didn't see this coming. I mean they sell tons of cars in Norway, and iirc they tested the M3 somewhere super cold, so... how on earth could they have only tested it with one particular type of winter tire?

He didn't have an answer for me, but to let him know if I have issues when I get my winters on. As others have stated in this thread, seems that Tesla is collecting data and working on a solution (hopefully).

While testing my new winter tires I noticed for a moment when flooring it that this icon would show up:

upload_2018-11-4_15-11-18.png

I don't remember ever seeing that in any other hard acceleration before with the original tires. The roads were dry and clean.

While testing my new winter tires I noticed for a moment when flooring it that this icon would show up:

View attachment 349820

I don't remember ever seeing that in any other hard acceleration before with the original tires. The roads were dry and clean.

I have seen the same thing, but that I just attribute to less grip in warm weather from the softer rubber. I don't think it's necessarily tied to the regen issue we're all seeing

I want my one pedal driving back !!! :mad:
You and me both. I spent a bunch of time driving today and noticed it is so inconsistent. Sometimes it feels normal and then other times the car will coast. I was exiting the highway at about 70MPH, lift off and the car just kept going, I waited, then at about 50MPH it kicked in for a second, then nothing and then finally at around 25MPH it felt normal to 0.

I have never used the brakes so much in this car as I have today. I hope there's a fix for it soon.

When regen is operating in accordance with manufacturers specifications, the green regen line can extend all the way to the left edge of the solid grey line shown in the above photo.

For folks saying it's not the tire change causing this loss of regen but it is limited because conditions dictate the dots showing (as above), people on another thread have said upon release of the accelerator, they get a momentary full (available to start of dots) green line regen and then it suddenly disappears.

I've got a response to my ticket. They know there's an issue with "non-approved winter tires" and they're working on a fix. If anyone is still waiting to buy their winters and gets the Tesla-recommended Pirelli Sottozeros I'd be interested to know if there's an issue with them.

I've got a response to my ticket. They know there's an issue with "non-approved winter tires" and they're working on a fix. If anyone is still waiting to buy their winters and gets the Tesla-recommended Pirelli Sottozeros I'd be interested to know if there's an issue with them.

See my other post. I bought the Sottozero winter package and still have the exact same regen issues.

See my other post. I bought the Sottozero winter package and still have the exact same regen issues.

Very interesting. You should definitely raise a ticket for it if you haven't already - they have someone looking at the issue internally and seem to think it's not a problem with the recommended winter tires, only with non-recommended ones. The info from your car would probably help a lot.

Reactions: navguy12

I see no difference in regeneration. Have the 19" Tesla winter tires (from my RWD 3) on the P3D-.