Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is using the Zendure X6 USB power bank + hub?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thing is a pretty cool piece of tech:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075Q5VLGK/

Pass-through charging power bank + a USB hub. Perfect for setting up a Raspberry Pi-based dashcam...

...except for the part where I can't get it to work.... :mad:

It's working as advertised when I plug it into my PC: charges from the power supplied by the desktop, and pretty much anything I plug into it (thumb drives, iPhone, joystick, you name it) gets recognized immediately by the USB controller and is accessible via the PC.

Plug it into the car, and not so much: it charges (at least, it flashes like it does when charging--I haven't tested it extensively enough to verify it's actually taking on charge), but nothing I plug into the hub is "seen" by the car at all. My game controllers don't work, the Pi isn't recognized, a flash drive doesn't get seen--nothing. I've verified that I'm in "hub mode" with the flashing "H." I've taken the whole shebang, with various USB devices plugged into it, back & forth from car to PC to car without touching the control button on the X6 (i..e, leaving it in hub mode the whole time). Everything stays powered, like you'd expect. Everything is visible/active/available when plugged into the PC. Nothing works when plugged into the car (aside from power).

What am I doing wrong??