Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is Waiting to Buy Autopilot/FSD Until After the Model Y Announcement

Waiting Until Model Y Announcement to Buy AP/FSD

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was getting ready to pull the trigger this morning for AP at the reduced price of $2,000 but I am optimistic the Y may come sooner than everyone assumes. I plan on waiting until the 14th so I do not spend the $2000 if Tesla surprises us and releases it this Fall.

Personally, I can’t understand why anyone would pay for FSD at all right now. Given the demonstrable proof that it is ALWAYS better to wait when contemplating a Tesla purchase, why not at least wait until features actually start rolling out? I get buying AP. It is great and works now for the most part. Is the driver that people are afraid the price will go back up, or just that given the massive inconsistency, you just never know what the price will be?

Personally, I can’t understand why anyone would pay for FSD at all right now. Given the demonstrable proof that it is ALWAYS better to wait when contemplating a Tesla purchase, why not at least wait until features actually start rolling out? I get buying AP. It is great and works now for the most part. Is the driver that people are afraid the price will go back up, or just that given the massive inconsistency, you just never know what the price will be?
Because Elon is so confident about it. Elon next to astronauts about to risk their life on his rocket. “Yeah, I think it’s a good design, everything should be ok, yeah it’s a good rocket.” Elon about FSD “It’s coming by the end of this year. City streets, it comes to you.” Those are not exact qoutes, but close.

I agree. I never even understood why anyone ever would’ve bought it. FSD is still a pipe dream at the moment. It can’t be done technologically and it definitely can’t be done in terms of regulations. Why would I fork money over for capabilities that don’t even exist.

I too am waiting till Model Y announcement to see what I am doing, I am either buying a Model 3 LR AWD or the Model 3 LR RWD. My lease is up in June so I have several options I need to think about. The biggest issue for me is should I buy the FSD. I am configuring all sorts of Model 3s I'd like to stay in the $680-780 monthly range and I guess that puts me at white LR RWD if I get AP and FSD. However I just really want the AWD for the extra speed and benefits but don't know if I want to go above budget since that would put payment at about 800 bucks for LR AWD AP + FSD. So I am either going to do LR RWD AP-FSD or LR AWD AP without FSD. Is there much difference from AP and FSD this year other than Navigate on Autopilot and Summon? (I have been watching videos and seems like Navigate on AP seems very glitchy).

Reactions: Watts 4 Me
I think that you can be pretty well assured that the autopilot prices won't change for a long time.

Remember this recent Musk statement that held for a few months-

"Tesla is doing layoffs now so we never have to do them again" (wrong)

There is-

Cost for FSD will be higher if you buy it later (wrong)

Is there a brain washing easter egg on the 3 I have not used yet?

• Funny
Reactions: ord3r
Remember this recent Musk statement that held for a few months-

"Tesla is doing layoffs now so we never have to do them again" (wrong)

There is-

Cost for FSD will be higher if you buy it later (wrong)

Is there a brain washing easter egg on the 3 I have not used yet?

So if I were to buy only AP in model 3 and forego the 5k FSD ...it states 7000 added after but as history has shown it's been less expensive... Would that mean possibly that 7000 added after drops to original 5k or less? I want fsd but maybe I can forego fsd and go for LR AWD with AP instead of LR RWD with FSD ..I'd get a better vehicle but have no fsd and I guess hope fsd drops in price...

I too am waiting till Model Y announcement to see what I am doing, I am either buying a Model 3 LR AWD or the Model 3 LR RWD. My lease is up in June so I have several options I need to think about. The biggest issue for me is should I buy the FSD. I am configuring all sorts of Model 3s I'd like to stay in the $680-780 monthly range and I guess that puts me at white LR RWD if I get AP and FSD. However I just really want the AWD for the extra speed and benefits but don't know if I want to go above budget since that would put payment at about 800 bucks for LR AWD AP + FSD. So I am either going to do LR RWD AP-FSD or LR AWD AP without FSD. Is there much difference from AP and FSD this year other than Navigate on Autopilot and Summon? (I have been watching videos and seems like Navigate on AP seems very glitchy).
I'm in the same boat. But I'm going for the LR AWD because of the faster speeds.
Until FSD truely works, then I will buy it. For now AP is all I need. But I will order after I see what the model Y looks like.