Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who prefers a Model 3 station wagon?

What do you want?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure the model 3 will be so small, but... I think the Volvo C30 is an incredibly cute little car.

My expected size/shape for model 3 (or Y) is basically the Model S shrunk down about 20%. Just remove the back doors while leaving a smallish back seat and existing hatchback design. The more reused parts, the better.

Sign me up for a P85D Model Y. :biggrin:

How about something like this?

8964103999_e03ffd52fd_o.jpg

8964103939_fe627f877f_o.jpg

Because of an incident with the FFE (100% my fault) I have been driving my dad's Audi TT (mk1). That TT shares the same platform as the VW Golf/Jetta (mk4). And the TT has continually shared the same Golf/Jetta platform through its whole run.

Having a small quick drop top is wonderful (when the weather is wonderful, not so much on those sub-freezing mornings).

As much as everyone here is hoping for a hypercar roadster. I am hoping that the Gen3 platform will provide a Jetta Wagon sized vehicle, a Jetta sized sedan, a Golf sized hatch back, and a TT like (~$50k) roadster. I don't need hypercar acceleration, just a low slung drop top (cloth is fine for me), that is fun to drive around corners (read: light weight).

A nice boxter/TT competitor is really where I think the next Roadster should be. Build it off the same Platform you are producing a sedan and wagon. And once the revenue starts rolling in from that start a skunkworks/amg group to build a new line of super/hypercar.

Is there currently a Shooting Break being offered in any market?

I think they're too unpractical. I want four doors. And I guess I also have to admit that if the 'range penalty' for a station wagon over a Model S-shaped hatchback would be too great I might have to think twice...

I'd be happy with a short-tailed hatchback similar the Theophilus Chin design posted earlier. Though I think the long nose and short tail looks a little awkward. And I expect Tesla's design language to evolve over time; in my opinion the Model 3 isn't likely to just look like a squashed Model S.

If Model 3 will have station wagon option, Tesla will sell 100 000 cars in Norway alone, I believe. Station vagons are very popular in Europe. They ar most practical body type for ar everyday car and new models released these days are very good looking also.

If Model 3 will have station wagon option, Tesla will sell 100 000 cars in Norway alone, I believe. Station vagons are very popular in Europe. They ar most practical body type for ar everyday car and new models released these days are very good looking also.
Maybe over 10-20 years. I think the Model 3 has a potential for 5-10k sales per year in Norway, given at least a station wagon option, but also preferably a hatchback option (either like the Model S or more like the Leaf). If only a sedan is offered, I would expect sales to be less than 1k per year.

I think the Model 3 will combine the best of a hatchback with the best of a station wagon, like the Model X combines the best of an SUV and a minivan.
Most likely the Model 3 will look like a hatchback, but will have the capacity of a station wagon. This configuration would be very popular in Europe and hopefully in the US as well. What do you think about this?

Maybe over 10-20 years. I think the Model 3 has a potential for 5-10k sales per year in Norway, given at least a station wagon option, but also preferably a hatchback option (either like the Model S or more like the Leaf). If only a sedan is offered, I would expect sales to be less than 1k per year.

I would be shocked if they offered a sedan option at all. If they didn't make the Model S a sedan, it would make no sense to have the smaller Model 3 be a sedan.