Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who upgraded their old Y for a new one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a ‘22 MYLR in December, ordered a new silver MYLR in February. Delivery is estimated for December of 22. Hoping to get the new casting rear and and new batteries.

Also hoping resale remains high. I’ll be able to sell the car I paid $53K for more than I paid and buy a car that now has a purchase price of $63K for $58K (price I reserved at).

Very strange times…

Reactions: preilly44
Just got 61.5k for my 2020 LR with 38k miles. Bought a P for 63k (ordered in December) - about 69k OTD

So far very happy with the upgrade, the Ryzen chip is probably the biggest noticeable improvement and acceleration of course!
That is a great!

Out of curiosity I hit a few of the online appraisals (Carvana, Vroom, Autonation, etc.) and so far I'm only seeing $55.6K for our 21' LR with 13K miles. We paid $59K OTD on it so not worth it.

I upgraded from a demo 2021 MYLR (Oct 21) with inductions to a 2022 MYLR (Feb 2022 with AMD/15V) with geminis. Haven't notice a single change... my efficiency is almost exactly the same according to TeslaFi (essentially Inductions were traded for a more hungry AMD chip) . The Inductions may have provide a slight more grip but otherwise zero difference between the two.. lol.

Reactions: Nolakai
Seriously thought about this by selling my SR and going LR but the recent increases in price made it harder to pull the trigger.

Place a reservation now and lock in the price, it will be a year before you get the car anyway (unless you go performance) so that is another year of price increases that will increase the value of your SR when you go to sell it.

I am so glad that I didn't hesitate last year when everyone was trying to delay their orders thinking that they would be either #1 getting a government rebate if they just delayed their order long enough or #2 getting structural batter pack with 4680 cells in it any moment now.

Personally, if I ever sell my MYP and get a new one it will be after significant changes have been made. I already have a Tesla, I don't need to order now in the hopes of getting a 4680 pack... I will wait for the 4680 pack cars to be a reality and then I may upgrade. In your situation upgrading from SR to LR is a significant change :)

Keith

Reactions: Ken_Y and preilly44
I really enjoy my 22 MYP, upgrading from an '18 M3P. Ride is smoother, the seating position is better, and the build quality is much improved. I know going from 3 to Y is more of a jump than model Y to newer Y, but the P jump is fun.

I have a 2018 Model 3P and we just got my wife a 2022 Model YP. The Y is made much (much) better than my 2018 model 3P. Its quieter on the road (road / wind noise), and its more "comfortable" to drive. With that being said, I still enjoy driving my model 3P a lot more than my wifes model YP. Nothing wrong with the Y, but I guess I just enjoy sedans more than SUV type vehicles (and these handle pretty different, even "P compared to P" for a 3 and Y.

• Informative
Reactions: Gaige
I feel the same way! I did install 20" martian wheels, but am considering going back to the 21 ubers as the ride felt smoother..hopefully its just a balancing issue.

Attachments

• IMG-1650.jpg
    IMG-1650.jpg
    933.1 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: Nolakai and Ormond