Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who will be the new TWTR CEO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The all in podcast is usually a worthy weekly listen. Interestingly David Sacks is proudly (admits as much during intro) at BlueBird HQ for their recording.

I say interesting because I think Sacks would make a great choice for replacement CEO.

*EDIT: @46:00 Sacks announces he is NOT a candidate for bird CEO. They continue talking about Elon and what is to come (in their opinion).

I haven’t listened to the whole thing yet but I suspect there will be more Elon, Tesla, or bird material and I’ll report back if I hear anything substantial.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Anyway, doesn't he need someone who is more into the business side rather than engineering - since Elon is supposed to take care of engineering.

Thats why Lex doesn't fit either .... (apart from not having any executive experience in general).

Someone more into finance & ad business side would be ideal - esp. someone with social network experience. He should look for ex Reddit / Facebook / Youtube executives. Infact, someone from outside US would be ideal - that way they can remain truly neutral.

• Disagree
Anyway, doesn't he need someone who is more into the business side rather than engineering - since Elon is supposed to take care of engineering.

Thats why Lex doesn't fit either .... (apart from not having any executive experience in general).

Someone more into finance & ad business side would be ideal - esp. someone with social network experience. He should look for ex Reddit / Facebook / Youtube executives. Infact, someone from outside US would be ideal - that way they can remain truly neutral.
Totally - how about someone from China, North Korea, or Russia? That would go over so well... 😜

Joking aside, I think no matter who he chooses, there will be Outrage because that's a way of life for so many people.

While I see the advantage of having someone with social media/executive experience, I wouldn't be surprised if he chose someone without it, thinking that he'd rather disrupt the industry - he's not in the game to play it safe. Part of the whole "fail fast to learn quickly" philosophy. I'm not sure that kind of executive gets many chances to gain experience in other corporations...

Totally - how about someone from China, North Korea, or Russia? That would go over so well... 😜

Joking aside, I think no matter who he chooses, there will be Outrage because that's a way of life for so many people.
While there will always be noise, it can be greatly reduced. Get someone whose political views are mostly unknown from Europe, for eg.

While I see the advantage of having someone with social media/executive experience, I wouldn't be surprised if he chose someone without it, thinking that he'd rather disrupt the industry - he's not in the game to play it safe. Part of the whole "fail fast to learn quickly" philosophy. I'm not sure that kind of executive gets many chances to gain experience in other corporations...
I hope he is trying to steady Twitter and not continue the teenage drama.

• Disagree
It could easily be MrBeast simply playing around. It might be nothing more than that.

IF it is true then it's HUGE for Twitter, and very BAD for YouTube. :cool:
This could be a setup for another MrBeast video.

But I do agree this could be huge for Twitter.

Some knock him but his videos often get 100 million plus views. Big shows like Friends are ecstatic to get half that amount.