Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's gone from an uncorked S75D to a non-p 3D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here do this specific swap themselves yet? I'm going to shortly.

Do you miss the 0.3s loss in 0-60 (more like 0.5, my S75D is about 3.9-4.0s 0 to 60)?
Does the improved handling make up for it?

Still slightly considering bumping up to P3D...

Thanks

Just go take a test drive to see if you like it. You won't be disappointed with a P3D but the AWD is fast enough.

For me, the Model 3 AWD seems faster than the 75D at highway speed. I think they nerfed the 0-60 to keep the 3 slower than the S, but from 60-80, the 3 is so much faster per my butt dyno. I keep thinking they gave me a P by mistake.

Also, I think even at equal money the 3 is a better car than the S for me personally. It handles betters, smaller wheel, have more living features inside the cabin, more comfortable seats, larger windshield, safest car, and faster MCU with all info unblocked in the center. I'm very surprised by how many S was sold last quarter. I wonder how many were in the US because I don't see why anyone would buy a S over a 3 for $15k-20k more money than a 3.

Effectively on the S is also not as good compared to the 3. Model 3 AWD is around 204 kwh/mile and in the S75D I'm at 304 kwh/mile. It's minor since S75D makes up for it with free Supercharging on road trips.

I'm sold on moving to a 3, the S, I love it, I wouldn't trade it for anything... Except a car that's a little smaller(3), has an interior that I consider a work of art (3), has better handling and ground clearance (3) and has ap2.0 (I missed 2 on my S by a few weeks).

Since it looks like I can private sell my S for the price of an awd 3 and break even or make a few bucks, I'm down. I just worry that the 0 to 60 I love in the S will have spoiled me in an awd 3.

I did test drive twice... First rwd, because that's all they had, then p awd. They never had a non p awd. And apparently the performance Easter egg didn't make it over to the 3 software. So I bought the awd on faith...

Since my S started out at 5.2 0 to 60 and it was awesome, then got the uncork and went to 4.0 which was mind blowing, I'm in this back and forth of thinking that the 3 awd, which should be in the middle of the 2 speeds I've had will do fine... But then the foolish side of me thinks that 3.5s is even faster than 4.0.....

Just hoping someone more into cars than I am, who also traded an uncorked 75d will chime in and say they can't tell the difference, or that their technically slower 3 is better due to handling, 60-80, etc.