Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why can the Tesla app open the frunk but not the trunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is the shortcut on the Tesla app to open the frunk? Isn’t the trunk much more utilized?

Ant way to change the shortcut?

The trunk has a physical release button, while the frunk does not. Thus, the shortcut for the frunk. You can still use the app to open the trunk, it's just one more click into the "Controls" menu. Much easier than adding an auto-opening NFC tagged do-hicky.

This is legit. I would totally use this .. if i knew how. LOL Any directions on how to add the NFC tags?
He had some instructions in the comments:

1. Grab yourself a set of NFC215 tags from Amazon

2. Download the ‘Remote for Tesla’ app

3. Assuming you have an iPhone on iOS13 launch the ‘Shortcuts app’, hit the automation tab and create a new personal automation.

4. Tap NFC

5. Scan an NFC tag and name it

6. Choose apps and find the Remote for Tesla app

7. Choose open the frunk command (I decided for no confirmation open)

8. Test it then place the NFC tag as pictured here: NFC tag Model 3 Frunk

Why is the shortcut on the Tesla app to open the frunk? Isn’t the trunk much more utilized?

Ant way to change the shortcut?
YOU CAN open the TRUNK from the Tesla app version 3.10.0. Under the "Controls" tab, you can open both frunk AND trunk. However, the Trunk open button does not appear on the home screen of the app as the Frunk open button does. Odd.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Can someone elaborate on "expand the notification in Android"? I use Android, but not sure what that means.
Tap the downward pointing chevron in the Tesla app notfication, and it will expand, and look like this:
upload_2019-10-15_14-17-0.png