Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why do so many Tesla owners wrap their cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your PPF had the problems you described, you can make a warranty claim. That is one reason I chose to have my Xpel PPF installed by an Xpel-authorized installer. If there are any problems with the PPF, they really do stand behind their product and will replace it free of charge. The 10-year warranty is even transferable to a new owner in the event that you sell your car.
The shop that did my Xpel PPF said one's auto insurance will pay to have the PPF re-done in the event of an accident.

I hope I never have to find out!

Is it pretty easy to remove the wrap at resale?
Depends on how long the wrap has been on the car. If the car has been sunbaked for several years, it isn't coming off easily.
The shop that did my Xpel PPF said one's auto insurance will pay to have the PPF re-done in the event of an accident.
I would not rely on the shop that did the work. I would reach out to your insurance provider about this. It may require a special rider to the policy.

I hope I never have to find out!

I have experience with this. My P3D was hit in a parking lot. The insurance for the other at fault driver paid for removal of the old PPF and application of the new PPF. I think the total cost to replace the piece of PPF on the fender was $125. Because PPF does a great job of protecting the paint, often times you just have to have a dent removed and then a new piece of PPF (no repainting needed). In many cases, this will end up being cheaper than repairing a non PPF protected car part. So I think it is in the insurance company's interest to cover it.

I also had another experience when my other fender was hit by someone in another parking lot. My own State Farm policy paid for the PPF replacement.

The Tesla pain is really that bad. You at least need clear protection on the front or you will have so many rock chips after only a few thousand miles that the car will look like it has a skin disease. Il
I have 43,756 miles so far without a clear protection anywhere and nary a single chip on the front of my car.

A big ugly one on the rear bumper after I backed into a pole when I only had the car three weeks (I was SO pissed at myself for that one), but nothing on the front.