Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does AP lower the Max speed even when it knows the speed limit is a specific number?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in an area where the speed limit on the highway is 65 mph. The Tesla knows that it's 65 mph, and the indicator on the screen continues to say it is 65 mph.

However, the car will change the set speed sometimes, to 50 or 55 randomly even though on the corner it still says the indicated speed limit is 65. Why is that?

I live in an area where the speed limit on the highway is 65 mph. The Tesla knows that it's 65 mph, and the indicator on the screen continues to say it is 65 mph.

However, the car will change the set speed sometimes, to 50 or 55 randomly even though on the corner it still says the indicated speed limit is 65. Why is that?

I got this kind of behavior when I switched from radar version FSD to radarless FSD beta.

Thus far, I can't figure what went wrong.

There's no problem with vision because the Street Speed Limit Icon said 65 MPH on the instrument panel.

But why the user's set speed was automatically forced down below that, in your case 50 MPH, in my case the set max speed was 30 MPH on the freeway.

It's not the problem of GPS reception/hardware/software because the navigation correctly showed that the car was on the freeway and not on a slow city street.

It's not the problem of the quality of imported GPS speed data because again, the Street Speed Limit Icon said 65 MPHon the instrument panel.

Thus, the conclusion is: There's a bug!

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
I got this kind of behavior when I switched from radar version FSD to radarless FSD beta.

Thus far, I can't figure what went wrong.

There's no problem with vision because the Street Speed Limit Icon said 65 MPH on the instrument panel.

But why the user's set speed was automatically forced down below that, in your case 50 MPH, in my case the set max speed was 30 MPH on the freeway.

It's not the problem of GPS reception/hardware/software because the navigation correctly showed that the car was on the freeway and not on a slow city street.

It's not the problem of the quality of imported GPS speed data because again, the Street Speed Limit Icon said 65 MPHon the instrument panel.

Thus, the conclusion is: There's a bug!
This is exactly what's happening to me! Is there a way for us to report bugs???

Like. Is there a button, when something crazy happens to hit report and send them the data for last minute or something?

This is exactly what's happening to me! Is there a way for us to report bugs???

Like. Is there a button, when something crazy happens to hit report and send them the data for last minute or something?
1) If you have FSD beta, you can click on the camera icon, it's a longer rectangular with the funnel on the right to look like a camera pointing to the right.

2) You can send your report with your VIN, date, time to:

[email protected]

3) You can go to the website and do a "chat".

1) If you have FSD beta, you can click on the camera icon, it's a longer rectangular with the funnel on the right to look like a camera pointing to the right.

2) You can send your report with your VIN, date, time to:

[email protected]

3) You can go to the website and do a "chat".
Okay got it, so unless you have FSD beta, it is a manual process?

I did pay for fsd, but I have not opted into the beta yet