Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is Model Y useless at demisting windscreen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dad is having problems with windshield fogging in his 2023 Model Y. He had been running the system in manual mode but says the problem persists in automatic mode. I’m going to take a look at it tomorrow. No such issues in our 3s or X.

The problem with my dad's Y ended up being the cabin fan power connector not being fully seated on the VC Left module. There was no climate control at all, but Tesla fixed it with a quick service appointment.

Reactions: CDB_ and MrT3
This is a bad idea if you want to reduce humidity. You'll be recirculating the cabin air which will become more humid because of passenger's breathing.
AC on, auto, no recirculate = best in this example.
hmmm, my family and I always use A/C + recirculate and don't have any issues, maybe Houston air is more humid. Even with 6 people in the minivan the A/C is able to remove the moisture from 6 people's breathing, and we don't even have it on high setting. I've owned Accord, CR-V, and Sportage. My wife has owned Protege, Corolla, and Model 3. My parents have owned Accord, a few Camrys, MPV, and 2 Siennas.

hmmm, my family and I always use A/C + recirculate and don't have any issues, maybe Houston air is more humid. Even with 6 people in the minivan the A/C is able to remove the moisture from 6 people's breathing, and we don't even have it on high setting. I've owned Accord, CR-V, and Sportage. My wife has owned Protege, Corolla, and Model 3. My parents have owned Accord, a few Camrys, MPV, and 2 Siennas.
Your example "works" but it might not be for the reason you think, for instance some systems will only run recirc for set periods before switching to outside to ensure fresh air comes in. There also may just not be a humidity issue in your area. Or I could be wrong about what's happening in this system.

I don't know the full technical details, I tried researching it and got lost in an endless HVAC forum... There's a lot of different systems and opinions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skavatar
Do you guys enjoy breathing one another’s exhaust? That’s a lot of people breathing in a small space. CO2 concentration must be off the charts if you really do roll around with six people and recirculate turned on.

Do you guys enjoy breathing one another’s exhaust? That’s a lot of people breathing in a small space. CO2 concentration must be off the charts if you really do roll around with six people and recirculate turned on.

Yes. Needs one of these

tm-dm89.jpg