Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is nothing happening in france?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in Paris this weekend and here in Belgium the transition to EV's goes slooow but over there nothing seems to be happening. Saw no chargers whatsoever, very few ioniqs and some hybrids but that's it. 0 tesla, no leafs, nothing...

are the people not interested at all, or no incentives or is the classic auto industry blocking everything?

I was in Paris this weekend and here in Belgium the transition to EV's goes slooow but over there nothing seems to be happening.
Saw no chargers whatsoever, very few ioniqs and some hybrids but that's it. 0 tesla, no leafs, nothing...

are the people not interested at all, or no incentives or is the classic auto industry blocking everything?

Price + VAT is certainly the main issue...

If you live in a house in a suburbs, charging might not a too difficult, but not in a building

still some good news:

However just making a quick search, I noticed several Tesla fans YouTube channels:

Nuage Magique

Tesla Cars Fan

teslafan_fr

Tesla France 89

Y'a du Potentiel !

Petites Observations Automobiles
... also kind of warrison about major European car companies dragging their feet
until getting a weak up call from a soon possible invasion of Chinese EVs.
J'AI TESTÉ PLUS FORT QUE TESLA ! REGARDEZ CETTE VOITURE CHINOISE

I was in Paris this weekend and here in Belgium the transition to EV's goes slooow but over there nothing seems to be happening.
Saw no chargers whatsoever, very few ioniqs and some hybrids but that's it. 0 tesla, no leafs, nothing...

Are the people not interested at all, or no incentives or is the classic auto industry blocking everything?

While France derives about 75% of its electricity from nuclear energy,
I wonder if there is any real push from any French or European government bodies for developing an EV network?

There is an interesting new video from Bjørn Nyland regarding the Finland infrastructure study of an EV network in Finnmark.

FinnmarkEV .jpg

Why I went to Finnmark with Fortum

I was in Paris this weekend and here in Belgium the transition to EV's goes slooow but over there nothing seems to be happening. Saw no chargers whatsoever, very few ioniqs and some hybrids but that's it. 0 tesla, no leafs, nothing...

I was specifically Tesla spotting yesterday while on my trip from Paris to Normandy. I saw 1 Model X, red, heading towards the city early morning. I saw 3 Model S's (White, black with black out, and one black without black out), but those were notably outside the city limits. I don't know where they were traveling to at that time. One was in another city we were visiting as part of the tour we were on.

I did see 1 Model 3, black, yesterday evening within city limits. I was particularly impressed with spotting that one, since they only recently started to deliver Model 3's in Europe.

There is hardly 'none' here, but given the size of the city, there are a notable dearth. I agree with Watts_up, the likely cause is the sheer cost. A Model S, until recently the cheapest Tesla for EU, starts 80k US, then it has added importation fees, and then shipping fees, and then a ridiculous tax. Even the lowest cost one would be stupid expensive more than the states, and it's a larger vehicle to struggle to find parking for.

I did see some EV chargers right outside a hotel, but they were the only ones I noticed and were not Tesla, nor were they very large spaces.

So, my trip concluded. I found a total of 24 Tesla's, not including the ones I found while I stalked the Tesla store. Notably, the X was the least seen, as I saw I think around 4-5 Model 3's.

I also discussed Tesla with the salesperson there, and he specified that there was about 6k Tesla's in all of France, which is 3k more than last year, a very impressive increase.

Timely post for me. I was visiting the Normandy and Brittany regions June 4 through June 13. During that time I saw only 2 Tesla’s - both Model S. I did not see any charging stations (Tesla or otherwise) until the end of my trip, when I spotted a single unit public charging station (non-Tesla) in Ste Mere Eglise.

My only driving near Paris was to travel to and from the airport. I was too busy paying attention to horrendous stop-and-go traffic and crazy motorcycle riders to be searching for Teslas...........

Tesla en France vend plutôt des Model 3,comme pour moi .Je l'ai acheté après avoir comparé l'autonomie et le temps de charge des différents VE existant aujourd'hui.Je fais des trajets de 1500 kms aller et 1500 kms retour.En plus,l'effet déclencheur qui accepte ce prix élevé ce sont ses innovations et le upgrade logiciel.
Certes,Tesla pour relancer ses S et X offre des recharges gratuites,mais ces modèles sont trop cher en occasion et l'on ne connais pas leur historique.
C'est tout pour le moment.