Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is the green charging port is turning off while charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. CHARGER FLASHING GREEN LIGHT IS TURNING OFF DURING CHARGING. CHARGING STOPPED USING 240V AND 120V CHARGING SOURCE.

WHILE CAR IS ON CHARGING DOES NOT TURN OFF.

CHARGING GREEN LIGHT TURNS OFF AFTER 2 MINUTES BUT CHARGING TO BATTERY CONTINUES

2. WHEN CAR IS TOTALLY OFF CHARGING GREEN LIGHT TURNS OFF AFTER 2 MINUTES EVERY TIME.

PLEASE USE MY CHARGING CABLE WITH CAR LOCKED AND TURNED OFF TO REPRODUCE CHARGER STOPPING.

PLEASE FIND OUT WHY CHARGING PORT GREEN LIGHT IS TURNING OFF DURING CHARGING

** WARNING**

TESLA CHARGING CAUTION: CHECK POWER SOURCE AND CHARGING CABLE

It sounds to me like @ZEUS3221 is trying to contact service. Sorry, but we aren't them: we're just random people on an internet forum.

If there is a charging problem and the well-intentioned advice above didn't help, use Find Us | Tesla to find your closest service center. Probably that'll be Tysons Corner.

Also... your CAPS LOCK seems to be stuck. I don't think that has anything to do with the charging problem, if there is one. But you never know. I'd get that checked out.

When your car is locked, the green charging light at the port is turned off.

If you want it to continue to stay green, you need to keep your car unlocked.

I think the rationale for that is you don't want to attract attention when you are not around.

Cars won't stay unlocked anymore... they lock no matter what when unoccupied after a minute or two.

They used to stay unlocked if you pressed "unlock" on the fob from outside the car... not any more.

There are still ways to keep your car unlock:

1) stay in the car
2) leave a door or trunk open
3) go to 17" screen and disable automatic lock option.

That way, the charging port will happily stay green while charging :)

person stays in the car with no key --> car will lock... person tries to leave, the alarm sounds

The trick keeps the console alive, but doesn't prevent the car from locking itself if there's no remaining key inside, and so the alarm will still sound if they try to leave..

If the car is not on Valet Mode, anyone who has access to 17" display can lock and unlock the car.

There's an icon that looks like a padlock on top left of the 17" display.

Also, anyone can also go to "Controls" at the left bottom to setup automatic lock or not and to setup alarm or not.

No fob needed.

If you donot want your passenger to do all that, you need to put your car in Valet Mode.

You missed one, pressing the Park button on the end of the "gear" selector stalk also unlocks and presents handles.

... but seriously, why should a passenger sitting in the car have to diddle with anything other than a door handle to safely and quietly exit the car? The car should not trap its occupants inside with any auto-locking feature if the seat sensors are detecting occupancy.

Tesla just needs to keep adding a little more logic... eventually they'll get it right..