Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why no month calendar view?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd really like the calendar app to have additional views like Month and Week. An actual 31 day calendar view would be great!!

Does anyone else thing this would be a welcomed addition?

It's just me, but I would never personally use such a feature. I don't need to use my car's screen to view my upcoming appointments (much less a whole month at a time). In fact, if anything, all I want my car to display is events which I might actually be driving to (so I can just click it to start in-car navigation). Although, I do admit it is nice to see the day's agenda when I get into my car in the morning.

I guess you are talking about bringing up Google Calendar on the web browser? If I need to look at a calendar while not at a computer, my phone has a 4x4 month view widget on it, that while small, with proper color coding is actually a pretty good indication of what's going on on any particular day (purple: family; red: hockey games; blue: work--actually I further color code work into blue, green and yellow). If we need to look up details for items on a particular day, I just click the day. No 2FA at all. And of course, even when we are both in the car, the passenger would be the one doing all the clicking and searching. The driver would be, well, driving!

Like I said, it's just me, but I really don't see much of a use for this, but I won't say that some people like yourself don't.

I agree with ratsbew. The other day, my wife and I were reviewing our calendar and I had my phone charging. It would be great if we can view the month calendar on the car instead of pulling your phone... This way you can both view it on "bigger" screen.

I only see this as an added value to the interface, don't see any negative impact....

I'd use that feature more often than the games.

Still, there's a lot on my software wish list like more readable text, larger tap targets, display battery % and miles at the same time, display what the last beep meant, a temperature goal range, side camera view when turning, voice commands that a mere programmer could learn & operate, an "Undo" voice command, high speed or scrub SentryCam playback, show the navigation destination name, ...

For this purpose, you can add 123calendars.com/ to your favorites. It will display the current month and allow you to scroll to other months.
Let me leave a blank calendar for you, it really worked for me, the images are very HD.