Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why pay for PPF & ceramic coating when you can just repaint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my full ppf and ceramic coat.

Car looks amazing after a wash. Looks so moist!

But I think there's an issue with the ceramic coat. After about 3 days after a wash, the car starts to get a white film, sort of like when you put sunscreen on and don't even it out on your skin. And the hood has a yellow/purple hue to it.

Has anyone had this happen?

But I think there's an issue with the ceramic coat. After about 3 days after a wash, the car starts to get a white film, sort of like when you put sunscreen on and don't even it out on your skin. And the hood has a yellow/purple hue to it.

I personally don’t see why anyone wastes money on ceramic after PPF. Maybe it reacted with the PPF? What brand did you use

How was the ceramic applied? Self done or pro? Anyways it reads like it didn't cure right.

I have read a detailing forum discussing this phenomenon. It is likely due to too much coating with a bit of uneven finishing. You may need to have your detailer, or you, do a bit of polishing to level it out. It is apparently not too difficult if you know what you are doing. I don’t, and I definitely recommend you find a better source than a rando on the internet playing telephone game with something he only partly understands.

Nevertheless I thought it still worth mentioning.

Reactions: weathergeekdan