Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why so many late model 70 and 75s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that the most common cars for sale on here are the 70 and 75 kwh cars (both RWD and Ds).

Why is that? Are people dissatisfied with the range? I have always been curious of people who want to buy the lower range cars - especially when they say they have no need for the additional range. Most people realize that 260 rated miles means about 225 real miles. If I couldn't afford the 100D (which I can't), and had to settle for a 75, I'd rather just get a used 85 for much cheaper (which I did). The range is the same and the car simply isn't that different.

So, for those who are selling, or who have already sold theirs, what is the reason behind so many of the late-model mid-range cars being for sale? There surely aren't even 1/10th as many 100D's for sale as the 70 and 75s.

It took a year or two for me to find out how important range is. I used to own a RAV4EV, which had about a hundred miles range. I drove over to my brother's house, 90 miles, and plugged into his garage, and s-l-o-w-l-y charged up enough to get home, by which time it was dark. After than fiasco, I decided I'd stretch on range if I had to. After buying more battery than I thought I'd need, I found that I could go farther, faster, and with Tesla, for free. I see a lot of people on this forum who are convinced they will never need more than a couple hundred miles of range. Now we see how it shakes out: I wanna buy more range.... Who will take my old S60?

I would think age has a lot to do with it. More 3yo cars for sale

But a three year old car still has no issues. The battery has already degraded about all it will for a while, and there's nothing to wear out. It's not a gas car that reduces itself by friction and vibration to a mess of steel shavings and pours out more and more pollution every year. I think people just got used to trading cars every three years or so.

Reactions: Brutaka
most common cars for sale on here are the 70 and 75 kwh cars

Those were popular cars for the value/range ...I was actually surprised when I got a loaner 75D it had more range than my old P85D :eek:... after driving one I changed my opinion on those cars ...however my opionion still remains the same on the 60 batteries :D