TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Why Tesla Motors is Worth Every Penny of its Net Losses

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by dauger, Jun 8, 2016.

1. dauger

dauger Member

A well-written article saying the billions in investments by Tesla Motors is justified:

Why Tesla Motors Is Worth Every Penny of Its Net Losses -- The Motley Fool

I'd say it does a good job putting TM's net losses thus far into perspective, comparing them to others in the industry, and beyond.

"... Tesla has indeed burned through quite a bit of cash in the 13 years since it was founded.

But it's worth it."

• Like x 3
  2. tftf

tftf Member

#2 tftf, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Great article indeed. I find this article in view of the SCTY merger news very interesting. Sure, TSLA will have to invest more money and incur short-term losses to make the merger work, but longer-term the reward will be great. Billions today in return for a trillion (market cap) tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the writer of these balanced and well-researched articles will probably no longer write for the Motley Fool.

But I'm glad he already found a new job so quickly: https://www.linkedin.com/in/niuevan

Maybe some of you heard of his employer. Tesla Motors.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1