Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why warning sound in reverse but not forward 2020 Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found the Leaf noise annoying, both forward and reverse. I'm glad my M3 is quieter.

The Leaf noise wasn't very effective, apparently. Often, I'd honk at pedestrians in the road, and they'd jump out of their skin.
Same here, which I hate to do unless they seem to be in their own little world while walking where cars are driving.

I guess my SR+ as well as my wife were built differently as there is no noticeable sound we can hear inside when we back up or start forward. I will say the demo M3 we tested in October did have a louder background sound at higher speeds compared to what we got delivered for some reason???

I will repeat what I wrote on a previous thread. I believe you could get into some serious legal problems if you unfortunately ran over a pedestrian and it was discovered you intentionally disabled the alarm. I have a great life and have zero desire to gamble that away over a little noise backing up or pulling out of a blind spot.

But, that’s just me:)

Last edited:
Reactions: jpfive and swoozle
Were it me, they would have definitely heard my horn noise. A quick toot at first and if that didn't work, I would have laid on it.

Sometimes I wish I could install a 150 dB train horn in my car.

I had train horns on my last several vehicles. I removed the kit and reinstalled on each one. Didnt want to mess with them in a battery vehicle so they are sitting in my garage. I really miss them. I've owned over 20 cars and have modified every single one, this is by far the absolute best mod ever. They are super fun and have also saved my butt many many times. Its the hornblasters shocker kit.

Oh man, I can’t wait until we can either download our own sounds or have a few dozen to choose from.

I’ll take that over more games and fart sounds, please. This is literally a 2 second update (audio files) they could provide that would actually be useful.

Reactions: jpfive
I had train horns on my last several vehicles. I removed the kit and reinstalled on each one. Didnt want to mess with them in a battery vehicle so they are sitting in my garage. I really miss them. I've owned over 20 cars and have modified every single one, this is by far the absolute best mod ever. They are super fun and have also saved my butt many many times. Its the hornblasters shocker kit.
We sold our X to a guy who had a train horn in his Rolls. It was very loud, especially when he honked it in his underground garage! I don't think he got around to installing it in the X before selling it. :(

Reactions: as400