Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why we finally pulled the trigger on the X...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love this story. It's similar to mine. My dad passed away at 59 about two months ago.
On Saturday (June 30th) I placed an order for a MX 75D.

Teslas have been my dream for about 4 years now and I shared that with my dad.

It's a lot of money and I've been uneasy about it. The MX costs about 4x as much as any car I've purchased.

However, like you said, you can't take money with you when you die. So as long as food and housing is taken care of, I see no problem in splurging!

Congrats on the 100D! (Wish I could justify the extra money for the range)

It's so awesome to know we aren't alone.. we went back and forth with the range and the money. But we plan on keeping this thing for awhile or forever so eventually the cost will be worth it, I hope. We've never spent anywhere near this on a car before but we've lived in the same house for 16 years... went from two kids to three kids and back down to one kid... so I feel like it's okay. We've made sacrifices other ways and have lived below what we were capable of. Our kids are going to die and they may not understand how we were able to afford it. But we've been smart with our money! Can't wait!

• Love
Reactions: K3Man