Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will 5mm difference in wheel offset compared to stock be an issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I have a 2019 Model 3 Performance and just ordered some winter wheels. I ordered 18x8.5" wheels with a +40mm offset (that was the only option for this particular wheel at the time I ordered). They were just delivered today and the company sent me wheels with a +35mm offset. I've been trying to do some research and I believe the wheels should fit the car, but I am curious what this difference of 5mm will make (if any)? I'll be fitting them with 235/45/18 Michelins. Thanks in advance for any help!

Zack

I have a 2019 Model 3 Performance and just ordered some winter wheels. I ordered 18x8.5" wheels with a +40mm offset (that was the only option for this particular wheel at the time I ordered). They were just delivered today and the company sent me wheels with a +35mm offset. I've been trying to do some research and I believe the wheels should fit the car, but I am curious what this difference of 5mm will make (if any)? I'll be fitting them with 235/45/18 Michelins. Thanks in advance for any help!

I have a 2018 Model 3 Performance and I believe the OEM stock 20" wheel has an offset of +35.

I just had 18" Titan7 T-S5 wheels that are 18X8.5" with a +35 offset installed yesterday. What wheels did you get ? Did the wheels you purchased account for the 3mm lip that is present on the Model 3 Performance ?

Thanks guys, I ordered the Fast Wheels EV01+. They assured me that they will fit the P3D as the hub bore was increased to 70.2mm. They made it a point to ensure I had the Performance variant with the red calipers; so I'm hoping they know what they're talking about and they will work.

I have a 2019 Model 3 Performance and just ordered some winter wheels. I ordered 18x8.5" wheels with a +40mm offset (that was the only option for this particular wheel at the time I ordered). They were just delivered today and the company sent me wheels with a +35mm offset. I've been trying to do some research and I believe the wheels should fit the car, but I am curious what this difference of 5mm will make (if any)?

Practically - none.
You are fine.

I'll be fitting them with 235/45/18 Michelins.

Hopefully X-Ice 3's, right?

Thanks guys, I ordered the Fast Wheels EV01+. They assured me that they will fit the P3D as the hub bore was increased to 70.2mm.

Hub bore did not increase on TM3-Performance.
It is 64.1mm.

They are likely sending you wheels with hub rings, which is not common for cheap wheels that are manufactured for numerous vehicle applications.

This is the correct offset for the Performance pack. +40mm is for the standard brakes.

All Tesla Model 3 wheels have +40MM (ET40) offset: 18", 19", 20" - Performance.

Nice !! How much do the EV01+ wheels weigh ?
Thanks! The website says they way 21.4lbs each

According to the Tesla Model 3 Owner's Manual - Version 2019.36.1 North America, page 182 - Wheels and Tires, Wheel Specifications (Factory), the 20" Wheels with the Performance Brakes has an offset of +35mm
I agree, the 20" Performance wheels have a +35mm offset, whereas all other Model 3 wheels have a +40mm offset.

All Tesla Model 3 wheels have +40MM (ET40) offset: 18", 19", 20" - Performance.
You should look at your manual...
Capture d’écran 2019-12-07 à 09.34.37.png

Hub bore did not increase on TM3-Performance.
It is 64.1mm.
Yes... but as the brake disc is thinner (where it attaches to the hub) there is a larger lip to clear.

Last edited: