Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will a large dog fit in the trunk area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey! I've been asking this forever, and now I have the car.

I have a 83 lbs. White Swiss Shepherd, 25" whithers and 40" nose to base of tail. She fits. It's not as much head space as my Subaru Outback, but she can stand up and turn just fine. When standing up, her head isn't obviously fully up, she has to stoop to look, but she can stick her head over the back seat and be very relaxed.

Dogs probably shouldn't be standing up all that much in the car anyway.

I'd say the footprint of the cargo area is probably as much, if not more than the RAV4. But the angled hatch is where you're going to miss the headspace.

I'll post photos in a bit.

Reactions: Watts_Up
here is thread which may help incliuding pictures of two greyhounds in the trunk
Model Y trunk space question

I have a 83 lbs. White Swiss Shepherd, 25" whithers and 40" nose to base of tail. She fits. It's not as much head space as my Subaru Outback, but she can stand up and turn just fine. When standing up, her head isn't obviously fully up, she has to stoop to look, but she can stick her head over the back seat and be very relaxed.

I'd say the footprint of the cargo area is probably as much, if not more than the RAV4. But the angled hatch is where you're going to miss the headspace.

Thank you for the reply!

here is thread which may help incliuding pictures of two greyhounds in the trunk
Model Y trunk space question

Thank you for the reply!

20200629-_DSC7551.jpg

Chilling in the back while I measure the width (which turns out to be 36" between the wheel wells.

You can see that with the hatch down, she's still comfortable. It's just tough to stand.

• Helpful
Reactions: mikevbf