Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will a Model 3 20" performance wheel fit a Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly bringing this one back from a rest, but finally got my set buttoned up.

20" M3P Silver Stilleto's on 255/45/20 Hankook Ventus V2 Concept 2's. Tires fill the wheel well out just a bit more with this fit. Tried some Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Seasons prior, however, they were very noisy (strange rubber rotational sound).

Very happy with the final look.

Attachments

• PXL_20230122_151311535.jpg
    PXL_20230122_151311535.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 154
  • PXL_20230122_151501328.jpg
    PXL_20230122_151501328.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 138
  • PXL_20230122_151209653.jpg
    PXL_20230122_151209653.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 134
Yes, 3 & Y have the same bolt pattern. Personally I would get light wheels from 3rd party. Tesla wheels, Uberturbines look awesome but they are very heavy, more wattage to burn when you accelerate.
Lighter wheels! Food for thought and a few questions: Could there be a strength issue for our heavy Ys and sometimes unavoidable potholes.
Could there be a warranty issue?
I need to look of course, but do wheel ads state the weight? i don't even know the weight of of my 19" Gemini wheels.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Slightly bringing this one back from a rest, but finally got my set buttoned up.

20" M3P Silver Stilleto's on 255/45/20 Hankook Ventus V2 Concept 2's. Tires fill the wheel well out just a bit more with this fit. Tried some Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Seasons prior, however, they were very noisy (strange rubber rotational sound).

They look great. Any stats on electron consumption or does that not figure in your choices.? I can't say that mpg was a consideration when we played about with our cars back in the day and yet now, I am very ambivalent ( slightly paranoid) about sentry mode's insatiable appetite. However, to be fair, it is often on for 48 hours continuously so I suck it up. The one time it was off for a short period coincided with me accidentally touching the drivers door unlock bottom. during that hour the car was entered and items taken.
The experience taught me that the casual wandering opportunists are quite Tesla savy . Of less interest, it taught me the opposite of serendipity is zemblanity.😀

Yes, 3 & Y have the same bolt pattern. Personally I would get light wheels from 3rd party. Tesla wheels, Uberturbines look awesome but they are very heavy, more wattage to burn when you accelerate.

It all depends on what you're after at the end of the day. If you want an OEM look that's different from the factory options for your model, wheels from another model blends that nicely. I've switched out many a wheel over my driving career and have always found my way back to the OEM space.

Lighter wheels! Food for thought and a few questions: Could there be a strength issue for our heavy Ys and sometimes unavoidable potholes.
I need to look of course, but do wheel ads state the weight? i don't even know the weight of of my 19" Gemini wheels.

It's about the load the wheel/tire can carry. You can bend any wheel in a pothole if it's hit hard enough. What you need is more tire to absorb more of the impact to act as the initial cushion.

19" Gemini's weigh 29.6 lbs without a tire.

Warranty can only be affected if it can be proven that whatever the issue is was a direct cause by the change.

They look great. Any stats on electron consumption or does that not figure in your choices.?
Thank you! I've seen improvement wH/mile figures with the change + UI update. With the Uberturbines, was always around 300 wH/mile as the average. With the Stiletto's, it's between 275 - 280 wH/mile, so definitely an improvement for standard driving.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Correct the wheels are heavier to absorb the Model Y’s beastly weight. You other option is to get Forged wheels. They are lighter and stronger, but expensive. Not a fan of the Martian wheels, personally I think they look Fugly was such a great looking like the MY. Also don’t for get the aerodynamics. If you can find 2 sets of fronts, your ideal, now you can Roasted the tires.

Reactions: Wattsisname
It all depends on what you're after at the end of the day. If you want an OEM look that's different from the factory options for your model, wheels from another model blends that nicely. I've switched out many a wheel over my driving career and have always found my way back to the OEM space.

It's about the load the wheel/tire can carry. You can bend any wheel in a pothole if it's hit hard enough. What you need is more tire to absorb more of the impact to act as the initial cushion.

19" Gemini's weigh 29.6 lbs without a tire.

Warranty can only be affected if it can be proven that whatever the issue is was a direct cause by the change.

Thank you! I've seen improvement wH/mile figures with the change + UI update. With the Uberturbines, was always around 300 wH/mile as the average. With the Stiletto's, it's between 275 - 280 wH/mile, so definitely an improvement for standard driving.
Thank you.

Any rubbing with the additional sidewall? Thanks