Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will a set of wheels fit inside a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here...

I plan on picking up the 18" winter wheel and tire set from the Tesla online store in a few months. I live in WI so I'll have to drive to Highland Park to get them installed (unless Mobile Service can bring them to me?).

Think I can get the all-seasons in the car for the return trip with the rear seats down?

Yes, I did this but it was a close fit. I had 4 new 19" wheels and separated tires inside. In addition to the trunk and back seat (with the seats folded down), I also needed to use the front passenger seat. I'd recommend an old sheet or something to keep your new car from getting dirty!

• Informative
Reactions: emorog
Is it worth it to get winter tires for someone who lives in California? I've never had winter tires before, but I just moved to an area that's a little cooler, wetter, and muddier. I like the idea of safety, but I don't like the idea of wasting money if it's not really going to make a difference. Maybe just for January-February?

Recently bought a set of 18" MXM4s from another owner. I'm sure if they were any wider, you can also angle the two side by side ones too.

They all fit in the back if you stack one.
received_2281564915410036.jpeg

In case anyone else needs this info in the future, you can fit a complete set of aero wheels and tires across the back seat. The 19” sport wheels and tires also fit. I pad them with blankets and jackets so they don’t roll forwards and back.

The trunk space is pretty much unused.

Attachments

• F80A7E2C-A5DD-4275-A001-3CC6BD05983F.jpeg
    F80A7E2C-A5DD-4275-A001-3CC6BD05983F.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 657
  • 6A403AAC-AE6F-415C-9979-B7823498F0BF.jpeg
    6A403AAC-AE6F-415C-9979-B7823498F0BF.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 674
Reactions: Need
Is it worth it to get winter tires for someone who lives in California? I've never had winter tires before, but I just moved to an area that's a little cooler, wetter, and muddier. I like the idea of safety, but I don't like the idea of wasting money if it's not really going to make a difference. Maybe just for January-February?

I just use summer tires year round. I live in Temecula CA where in Dec / Jan / Feb, the nightly temps can get into the mid 30s, but temp during the day is usually in 50s-60s. Unless you drive to someplace with snow, I think winter tires for most californian's would be a waste. Now, if you have a vacation house in the mountains, or go ski'ing, or drive through the mountains on road trips... then yes, winters would help you.

I have stacked 4 wheels as a complete set in my car with the back seats down several times. No issues fitting them. But I did buy tire totes to put the wheels in, to protect the interior of my car. Worth $40 imo.

I have stacked 4 wheels as a complete set in my car with the back seats down several times. No issues fitting them. But I did buy tire totes to put the wheels in, to protect the interior of my car. Worth $40 imo.
I concur. Those totes are worth the money.

I fit four 19x9.5 with 265/35 tires in the car. I opted to go three in the back seat, and the fourth in the trunk.

Last edited:
In case anyone else needs this info in the future, you can fit a complete set of aero wheels and tires across the back seat. The 19” sport wheels and tires also fit. I pad them with blankets and jackets so they don’t roll forwards and back.

Thanks for sharing these photos and details.
Made my decision for me on the transport and tire totes.
Much appreciated!

Reactions: limmerguy

Thank you! This is awesome and helpful info. I have to drive from Butte, MT to Spokane, WA to trade my 2018 Model 3 for a new Model Y AND a set of 19" winter tires/wheels. I'm going to have my wife in the passenger seat and two dogs in the back seat of the 3 on the way there. I'm glad to see I should be able to get all 4 tires/wheels in the 2nd row with no problem and leave all the back space free for the dogs. Whew! :)

Reactions: limmerguy