Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will bagging Tesla model 3 void warranty

Big Dog

Mar 7, 2016
Irvine, CA
Anything related to suspension won’t be covered, a bagged model 3 looks so sweet! I would just do it and say screw the suspension warranty

I'd be concerned about running low in the freeway at say 75+ and hitting something which damages the under-carriage and battery floor.

OTOH, lowering a couple of inches does look awesome.

Dan203

Jul 10, 2019
Northern Nevada
Aren’t their laws that protect this stuff? I'm pretty sure the automaker has to prove that the modification directly caused the issue to void the warranty.

Knightshade

Jul 31, 2017
NC
Aren’t their laws that protect this stuff? I'm pretty sure the automaker has to prove that the modification directly caused the issue to void the warranty.

That was already mentioned, several times, back on page 1 of the thread.

Jan 25, 2019
California
This came across my youtube feed this morning:

My biggest worry, as others have mentioned, would be battery damage.

Good thing about the air suspension is it’s your choice of ride height. You can basically ride at only 1” lowered than factory and it ride just like on factory suspension. Or, you can risk to ride low and look great but the ride will be harsh. Here is my daily ride height with stock wheel on, it’s about 1 inch stock from factory.
2E8F80FA-F8D4-405F-AEB0-913054A7DB14.jpeg

Kap1911

May 13, 2020
Raleigh
I really want to bag my Tesla model 3. Those of you that don’t know what bagging means, it is basically air ride that adjusts the cars height via remote and requires a tank up front. Was wondering if this would void the entire cars warranty or just suspension stuff? I’ll post an image soon!!
Good question I’m looking to do the same. I’m more concerned with finding a reputable shop to do the work than I am the warranty

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC