Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Fisker charging unit work with Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brother has a Fisker and we have a fisker charging unit at our office. Can anyone tell me if the fisker charging unit will work with the Model S and if I need some special adapter? Thanks

What does the end of it look like? You'll certainly need an adapter, it's just a matter of if an adapter exists for whatever the unit has.

I need to investigate this a bit further, but my company's 30 amp connected Chevy Volt charger will only seem to charge my S at 15 amps with the J1772 to Model S adapter. It has been suggested that the charger may be "hardwired" to limit the charge to the max the Volt can handle. Not sure what the Fisker on-board charger can handle, but a Fisker-specific EVSE may have a similar limitation.

I need to investigate this a bit further, but my company's 30 amp connected Chevy Volt charger will only seem to charge my S at 15 amps with the J1772 to Model S adapter. It has been suggested that the charger may be "hardwired" to limit the charge to the max the Volt can handle. Not sure what the Fisker on-board charger can handle, but a Fisker-specific EVSE may have a similar limitation.

mknox

Did you check your charging screen to see if you can "up" the amperage on your charging - or is it greyed out?

Aaron

Did you check your charging screen to see if you can "up" the amperage on your charging - or is it greyed out?

It's set to the max (15 amps) and shows charging at 15/15 amps. Here's what it looked like on my iPhone:

98C2404E-09DC-4EF6-AB5F-EC91B74908F0.PNG

mknox, which charger is it? The Volt can only charge at 15A, so the Voltec Charger that is typically used with the Volt is limited to 15A.