Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will I get a MYP today? (First car declined delivery 🥺)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well all excited to pick up brand new MYP Stealth Grey. First the “15 min process” took about an hour and half to even see the car. So the whole process looked like a great experience in all the Delivery Day video I watched. Then, car comes out for delivery (finally) and it’s a mess! Pollen still everywhere, much of the car (entire 1/4 panels) not even washed, dirt/grime in every corner, leaves stuck in the wiper area, then for stuff that couldn’t be fixed with a good detailing, scratches all over, and the frunk hood was lower (by enough to notice just looking at it).

Declined car…they have a second in stock. It’s getting ready. Hopefully it isn’t strike two and I’m out.

Sorry a disappointing first post, was hoping for a much better experience.

Seems the whole outfit needs top to bottom new management to consistently match service with the cars they are selling.

You would think they could learn some cheap lessons on that from the rest of the world rather than feel the need to remodel the entire auto industry.

Reactions: MD70
My March 2024 MY was not as bad but it was obvious they just cleaned the outside and not the insides of the trunk, frunck etc. Leaves, pollen, dust on the insides. But that's just cosmetic and nothing paint wise or panelling that needed rejection. I expected as much.
As Elon said the sales and delivery process has become inefficient. I hope an overhaul is coming soon.

How long did it take for the old car VIN to be removed from you account? I rejected mine yesterday (rock chips and a huge scratch in clearcoat on the left mirror paint which could be spotted from a distance), but it still shows the delivery date of yesterday and option to accept the delivery.

How long did it take for the old car VIN to be removed from you account? I rejected mine yesterday (rock chips and a huge scratch in clearcoat on the left mirror paint which could be spotted from a distance), but it still shows the delivery date of yesterday and option to accept the delivery.
If I read his original post correctly, he got his replacement car right away. So, it’s not the same case as yours

Reactions: show_stoppa
What did you do for 3.5 hours? My X took about 5 minutes to look it over and about 5 minutes for them to verify my payment transfer.
Very good. Did you take any photos?
Got a demo Model S, went to Costco, they texted me when second car was ready.

Here are some pictures of declined car IMG_0741.jpegIMG_0741.jpegIMG_0744.jpegIMG_0742.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpeg
    IMG_0743.jpeg
    524.5 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: DarrenHD
I recently picked up a new Y for my wife. It took hours but that's because they were swamped with the new promotional interest rate. My first Y was a 15min in / out. Hers was about ~3 hours because there were just SO many Tesla's going out the door the day I was there. I was frustrated at first because I didn't know what was going on. After we got the car and I noticed that the full parking lot was almost empty it made more sense. They did text me and let me know they were running 90min behind and I chose to show up close to my appointment time anyway. I can't blame them for my entire 3 hour wait if they forewarned me of the delay.