TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Will I not get the incentive for model 3 in BC?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Xevex, Mar 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Xevex

Xevex Member

CLEAN ENERGY VEHICLE PROGRAM | Clean Energy Vehicles for British Columbia

According to the website, it says "The CEV Program will run until March 31, 2018 or until funds are exhausted (whichever comes first)."

I recently put my reservation and I don't think mine would be ready by next April...

Would they start a similar program after Mar 31, 2018? Missing the chance having up to $5,000 incentive would hurt... :(

2. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

#2 dmd2005, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    The CEV is usually renewed if there are still funds left in the past programs. Wondering if we can keep a Model 3 price under $77K to qualify for any incentive with the low loonie. A base price of $35K USD is about $47K Cdn, but add in a bigger battery, dual motors, autopilot, leather, premium paint, and other options and you'll top the $77K threshold.

You can always recycle your old vehicle for up to $5K incentive for that program.

3. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

the first vehicles off the line are supposedly going to be the "plain Janes" so no P or D versions so under 77 grand is likely.

4. f-stop

f-stop Member

if you mean the BC Scrap-It program incentive, that's now up to $6000 from Scrap-It + $250 off from the dealer if you scrap your old car and buy a new EV (separate from the CEV incentive). But beware, the program only applies if you purchase an approved EV on their list, AND purchase from a "participating dealership". Also, the current program ends Dec 2017 and has a limit of total # of incentives given, but perhaps like the CEV it will be renewed again for 2018. However note that Scrap-It isn't a government program, it's a separate non-profit society program so it's unclear if they'll have more funding in time for Model 3. Incentive Choices – The BC SCRAP-IT Program

At the moment Tesla isn't listed as a participating dealership, and like with the CEV the Model S or X don't qualify, and the Model 3 isn't out so it isn't (yet) on the Scrap-It list of qualifying vehicles. On the Scrap-It FAQ page they basically they say if a Tesla comes out that's under $77k MSRP it will be added to their list of approved vehicles (though you won't get the additional $250 from the "dealer")

If you qualify for both the CEV and Scrap-It incentives, it's a pretty attractive deal.
    when the time comes you should check the program details, if it's still around, just fyi.

5. kzod

kzod Member

I don't expect to have my car before late summer 2018 and I waited in line to reserve. So, don't count on any rebates. If you get something/anything, just be grateful and consider it found money.