Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will it fit: Powerwall+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have any way to confirm that.
You need to measure the outer diameter of the conduit to check, as I indicated. If you don't have a pair of calipers, you could get one. Or if you have a parallel jaw clamp of sufficiently deep throat, you can use it as a pair of calipers and then just measure the gap.

Or you can roughly measure the OD to determine the trade size (e.g. in the range of the two numbers I gave you, or 1/2" bigger or 1/2" smaller). Say it's 2" trade size and you want to distinguish between 2.197" and 2.375". Cut a block of wood accurately to 2.375" long, with the other two dimensions smaller. Hold the 2.375" long side against the conduit, and hold two straight edges tight to conduit and to the ends of the block of wood, trying to get the straight edges parallel (you can tell by eye). Either you can, and the OD is also 2.375", or you'll find that the straight edges always diverge, and the OD is less than 2.375" .

Cheers, Wayne

Reactions: komrade
Rigid and intermediate has threaded connections, the connections shown are compression fittings.
That observation alone may have worked 10 or 20 years ago, but these days there are also compression fittings for rigid. Seems like a convenient place to use one when the mast is less than the length of one stick of rigid conduit. Although I would use a compression coupling to shorten the stick by cutting out a segment in the middle, so that there's still a factory end at the bottom. Which is not what the picture shows.

I agree that identifying the fitting is a good approach, but I don't recognize what I'm seeing between the compression nut and the top of the hub. I wouldn't think an EMT connector would be that tall. Maybe it's an EMT to rigid transition coupling with a male threaded end? Since using a straight threaded EMT connector into a hub is a violation of its listing?

Nothing in the picture says it's not EMT, so I'm inclined to believe the electrician.

Cheers, Wayne

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: BGbreeder and Vines
That observation along may have worked 10 or 20 years ago, but these days there are also compression fittings for rigid. Seems like a convenient place to use one when the mast is less than the length of one stick of rigid conduit. Although I would use a compression coupling to shorten the stick by cutting out a segment in the middle, so that there's still a factory end at the bottom. Which is not what the picture shows.

I agree that identifying the fitting is a good approach, but I don't recognize what I'm seeing between the compression nut and the top of the hub. I wouldn't think an EMT connector would be that tall. Maybe it's an EMT to rigid transition coupling with a male threaded end? Since using a straight threaded EMT connector into a hub is a violation of its listing?

Nothing in the picture says it's not EMT, so I'm inclined to believe the electrician.

Cheers, Wayne
Good info thanks for schooling me, again :)

Update: Finally, the installation is completed! However I'm still waiting for the commissioning to take place.

Few questions:
  1. I'm able to login to the gateway and was able to connect it to my wifi network. In my Tesla app, I can see 'My Home' but it shows no data available.
  2. After logging in to the gateway (web-UI), there's a green button that says 'Start System'. What does this button do? Can I start the system?
  3. Solar crew ran 4 individual strings (total 8) directly into the inverter. No combined strings. I'm guessing this is a good thing?
PS: I've read the checklist that was posted on TMC a while ago but please share any feedback to validate the system. Maintenance crew will be coming out to paint the conduit, commission the system and install the disconnect system. This will be my opportunity to ask any questions! Thanks.

No.. i just had two PW+ installed I had a huge space cleared on my garage wall and they came to install and said no way. Code wont clear it. They went outside..
2022-03-24 17.07.461.jpg

Reactions: h2ofun