Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will, or will not, Birds Eye View be made available for non-FSD MX (2017)/s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a post elsewhere (October, I think?) quoting Elon as saying that birds eye view would be made available to non-FSD vehicles. Have seen nothing since then, except for continued discussion of birds eye in conjunction with FSD.

Any more definitive information on this aspect of an improved UI?

Saw a post elsewhere (October, I think?) quoting Elon as saying that birds eye view would be made available to non-FSD vehicles. Have seen nothing since then, except for continued discussion of birds eye in conjunction with FSD.

When talking about birds eye view, I would think about what other car companies already have: A drone view from the sky above showing my car and surrounding area:

JDPA_2020%20Hyundai%20Sonata%20Surround%20View%20Camera.jpg

However, in Tesla, it means the FSD visualization/animation/cartoon on the instrument panel.

Elon Musk tweeted in September that it would happen "next month" and now is way beyond "next month", so that sounds like very "soon" as in his past projections:

Birds eye view isn’t coming to any current production Tesla vehicle. So I wouldn’t worry about it.