Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Birds Eye camera aftermarket kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my plaid a couple weeks ago and the biggest, most glaring deficiency for me is the lack of top down cameras. I’ve had that top down, Birds Eye view on my last several cars, and I very much enjoy the extra visibility when parking, to ensure I *never* curb the rims or bumper, and this car is big, so I’ve been looking for other options.

I saw for pre-refresh model s vehicles, there was a pretty nice birdseye solution that looked like it was replacing the feed from the back up camera, so you could see it on the large display. But I haven’t seen anything to suggest that it’s available or even possible on the refresh.

I am about ready to purchase this cheap aftermarket kit and install it myself, and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this or have any other ideas before I pull the trigger.

Using that kit, I’ll need to find a place to hide another LCD screen somewhere since I don’t believe I can tap into the main screen. So if anyone has any ideas about where I could hide a screen to keep it out of the way and not visible until I need it, any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

I have also looked at this kit on Amazon. My 2023 Model S LR is the first vehicle I've owned in over 10 years that didn't have a 360 top-down camera. Or even a front camera.

Did you end up buying this and installing it?
Same, I’ve had for the last 9 so I am very used to them as well.
I haven’t bought yet, was waiting to get the track pack installed, which I’m taking it in tomorrow for.
Once I get the car back I’ll start investigating more, I’m just dreading all the work ha.
For the time being, I am just using that auto-vox wireless camera zip tied to the front grill. Not great, but at least something.