Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla Transfer my FSD from my 2017 MX to my 2023 MX bought in Febuary?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded in my FSD-enabled (and paid for) 2017 MX for a new 2023 MX in February. Now I hear they're transferring the FSD to new vehicles. Does this apply to my purchase?
To whom do I ask (officially)?
February ... I think that boat has already left the dock. It's not normal for Tesla to match past deals like Costco does. You could send text via app to the SA you bought the car through, can't hurt to ask.

Last edited:
I traded in my FSD-enabled (and paid for) 2017 MX for a new 2023 MX in February. Now I hear they're transferring the FSD to new vehicles. Does this apply to my purchase?
To whom do I ask (officially)?

The answer is no, and there isnt anyone to ask, as Tesla has already addressed this specific type question with the FSD transfer rules they have posted:

================================

Full Self-Driving Capability Transfers​

Customers who take delivery of a new Tesla vehicle between July 20, 2023 and September 30, 2023 may qualify for transferring Full Self-Driving (FSD) capability from their current vehicle to their new vehicle.

================================

Since "February 2023" is not "between July 20th 2023 and September 30th 2023" its pretty clear that the answer is no, and there isnt anyone to ask for an exception. Its not much different than people wanting retroactive discounts when prices are lowered (its actually the same thing).

If you had taken delivery July 15th or something, you might be able to get someone to do something. February? There is no difference in "February 2023" and "for all time previous, so if they agree to do February, they might as well just let everyone transfer it (which honestly is my opinion but thats not what is in play right now anyway).