Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will these wheel specs fit a 2022 Model 3 Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, so I’m currently looking to put some wheels on my M3 LR, but I want to know if the wheels will fit without any issues.
The specs are:
18x9.5 +35
235/40/18
The wheels are Rotiform RSE 18in
235/40/18 is a small outer tire diameter. Will it fit? Physically it will fit but 235/45/18 is the normal recommended size tire for 18” wheels with the Model 3.

In addition to the 235/40R18 tire diameter being too small, 235 is way narrow for 9.5" wide wheels unless you're going for the hellaflush look.

I think 265/40R18 is the most common choice for 18x9.5" wheels on a Model 3.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
235/40/18 is a small outer tire diameter. Will it fit? Physically it will fit but 235/45/18 is the normal recommended size tire for 18” wheels with the Model 3.
So i bought the wheels with the tires already on them from a friends friend. The tires are a bit stretched but that can be fixed by getting wider tires, my only problem is that when I went to put them on in the rear, the brakes were touching the barrel of the wheel, not the spokes/rim face. Before buying them, I searched and searched and every single person said 18x9.5 35 would fit but not in my case. I have spoken with figment industries and several more companies and their solution is maybe a 5-10mm spacer could fix this issue since the diameter of the barrel gets larger going away from the face/spokes.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Some 18x9.5 +35 wheel may need a spacer to clear the upright.
I don’t think it touches the upright, the wheel gets caught and can’t spin because the rear brakes touch the wheel barrel. I put the wheels aside for now but soon I’ll put them back on and send a picture to see if you guys can help in any way. I tried the rears first because I was on a loaner wheel that I was using because my tire exploded on the freeway. I took the opportunity to buy some nice aftermarket wheels to put on my M3 LR but i guess that didn’t work out. After a couple hours went by I decided to throw them on the front because I noticed the brake clearance was greater for the front, and to my surprise I was correct. The wheels fit in the front and were flush with the fender but then I remembered you can’t run a staggered setup on an AWD car so I disappointedly removed the wheels and had to buy a new tire for my OEM 19in wheel. So maybe a spacer could push out the wheels in the rear far enough that the wheels can clear the brakes and be able to rotate. Since the wheel barrel’s diameter increases going away from the face/spokes of the wheel. Let me know if I’m missing or am incorrect with my idea lol

In addition to the 235/40R18 tire diameter being too small, 235 is way narrow for 9.5" wide wheels unless you're going for the hellaflush look.

I think 265/40R18 is the most common choice for 18x9.5" wheels on a Model 3.
Yea, the tires are stretched a bit, but that’s how I bought the wheels. As mentioned above on a different reply, I bought them from a friends friend thinking the wheels would fit all around but they don’t clear the rear. Please take a look at my replies and let me know if i’m missing something or the wheels just won’t fit at all. I’m thinking a spacer could push out the wheel far enough that the brakes will clear the larger diameter of the wheel’s barrel since for my case, gets larger as you go away from the spokes/face of the wheel. The wheels are ROTIFORM RSE’s

The clearance is tight for 18" especially over the rear parking brake. I don't recall coming across any talk of your specific wheels here, or even Rotiform much in general.

Since you have the car and wheels both already, I think you're in a better place than any of us to figure out how to make them fit, if possible. If the barrel clearance is greater inside the wheel then using a spacer makes sense to me. How deep of a spacer do you need? I'm no expert on spacers, have never used them, but others here can give guidance on spacer fitment. I do know that there's only limited extra stud length, so if you need more than a few mm you will need either extended studs or bolt-on spacers, depending on exactly how wide.

If you only need spacers for the rear wheels that seems ideal. You can push the rears out wider without rubbing than the fronts. The rear fenders are wider, and of course the rear wheels don't turn.