Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will this wheel work with a Model Y Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Konig Ampliform 19x9.5 +35

Looking to see if these wheels will clear the brake calipers on the performance. Need a cheaper option for tires and the ability to rotate them. Thanks in advance!

Konig Ampliform 19x9.5 +35

Looking to see if these wheels will clear the brake calipers on the performance. Need a cheaper option for tires and the ability to rotate them. Thanks in advance!

I believe they would but would just ask the load rating from the manufacturer to be certain. As they are flow forged and not cast it’s likely they have the strength to handle your chunky girl. With the weight savings you will LOVE the results. I took off my girls boat anchor 21” Uberturbines and put in 19” 9.5 forged with Continental extreme contact plus tires 255/45/19. Squared so I can rotate. She is FASTER. She is way SMOOTHER. She is more EFFICIENT. And in my humble opinion the bitch is sexier too!!

I picked up my brand new Model 3 SR+ in October after months of patiently waiting and having my pick-up date pushed back multiple times. As soon as I left the dealership I started running into issues with the software (the proximity lines around the car on the display were completely surrounding the car in red and orange lines, basically telling me the car was colliding with something on all sides. I called Tesla as soon as I got home and they told me they could not see my car until a little over a week later (I was annoyed at this but let it slide, why would they not tell me to bring it right back in?).

I believe they would but would just ask the load rating from the manufacturer to be certain. As they are flow forged and not cast it’s likely they have the strength to handle your chunky girl. With the weight savings you will LOVE the results. I took off my girls boat anchor 21” Uberturbines and put in 19” 9.5 forged with Continental extreme contact plus tires 255/45/19. Squared so I can rotate. She is FASTER. She is way SMOOTHER. She is more EFFICIENT. And in my humble opinion the bitch is sexier too!!
Thank you for the reply! May I know which wheels you went with?

If you don't mind, with the 9.5 wheel width and the 255 tire width, is the wheel rim still protruding from the tire? I'm thinking about going with 8.5 wheel width to better my chances against curb rash...

If you don't mind, with the 9.5 wheel width and the 255 tire width, is the wheel rim still protruding from the tire? I'm thinking about going with 8.5 wheel width to better my chances against curb rash...
I don’t fear the rash on the 9.5. Plenty of protection on my neuspeed 19x9.5.

Attachments

• A89099A4-BFD2-489C-A70A-6A8F5BC438F2.jpeg
    A89099A4-BFD2-489C-A70A-6A8F5BC438F2.jpeg
    627.5 KB · Views: 366
  • 181A8EBA-B12E-409E-AAF0-038D2B952AD0.jpeg
    181A8EBA-B12E-409E-AAF0-038D2B952AD0.jpeg
    906.6 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: PeteOC
I don’t fear the rash on the 9.5. Plenty of protection on my neuspeed 19x9.5.
Appreciate the pictures! The factory 255 Pirellis and 9.5 übers is a magnet for road rash and this looks just fine. I believe the Michelin PS A/S 4 I want to go with does not project as far out as these Continentals so I may still have to play with the configuration some more. Looking to get Titan 7 forged.

Thanks!

Looking to do the same with my new MYP. What wheels did you chose? Would love to see a picture Thanks!