Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Trade-in Delay the process?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering about trading in my vehicle to Tesla instead of selling private party. Anyone in Texas have any experience with this? Would like to avoid having to sell the car a month before getting my Tesla since I have to pay it in full before it gets shipped. Probably don't want to do it if it will push me back in line.

It shouldn't. After uploading some pics to your account, you will get a trade in estimate in a day or two that is reflected in your account under "trade in". During hand off, your trade in will be reevaluated and adjusted depending on their final findings and you either agree with it and trade in your car, thus decreasing the total amount, or disagree, keep your other car, and pay the original amount.

It shouldn't. After uploading some pics to your account, you will get a trade in estimate in a day or two that is reflected in your account under "trade in". During hand off, your trade in will be reevaluated and adjusted depending on their final findings and you either agree with it and trade in your car, thus decreasing the total amount, or disagree, keep your other car, and pay the original amount.

Thank you sir!

That sounds a bit scary. I'd hate for them to give me an offer, me drive all the way to the pickup, and then them be like, "Welllllll.. so after we looked a bit closer we can only offer you $xxxx", and me have to figure out where to come up with the difference. Seems like they have all the advantage at that point. Either I agree, or perhaps not be able to get the car and have to wait that much longer.

Reactions: Sg911

I do not see anywhere to upload the pictures of our trade-in?

That sounds a bit scary. I'd hate for them to give me an offer, me drive all the way to the pickup, and then them be like, "Welllllll.. so after we looked a bit closer we can only offer you $xxxx", and me have to figure out where to come up with the difference. Seems like they have all the advantage at that point. Either I agree, or perhaps not be able to get the car and have to wait that much longer.
They partnered with carmax by me so likely you can just go there ahead of time, if possible, and they’ll match or exceeed that? That’s what I was told yesterday.