Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will voice alerts be helpful? (Poll)

Should we have spoken alarms?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been thinking about the user interface of the Tesla lately because of all the news about user error, etc. With all the different dings and other alarms going off from the interface, there can be both sensory overload and alarm fatigue, to the point where the user either ignores it or is clueless as to where it's coming from or what it's trying to say.

I'm thinking for a few critical functions, it may be more useful to have a spoken alarm. It will serve to quickly orient the driver even if they are clueless or distracted.

Maybe we can figure out a few of these critical spoken alarms for situations where failure to notice the alarm could result in damage or injury. Here are my suggestions:

"Door open" - for when driving with the door or rear hatch open
"Summons initiated"
"Autopilot on/off"
"Drive/Reverse/Park" - in case someone gets confused and put it in the wrong gear

None of these should be very annoying because it only happens once in a while, but could really save the driver from some catastrophe.

Thoughts?

I much prefer my Nest Smoke Alarm's spoken notifications versus the old-fashion alarms. Not only are they less annoying, but they are much more informative.

I think this is a good step in the right direction. I wonder if there are enough recordings of Majel Roddenberry to replicate her voice?

I much prefer my Nest Smoke Alarm's spoken notifications versus the old-fashion alarms. Not only are they less annoying, but they are much more informative.

I think this is a good step in the right direction. I wonder if there are enough recordings of Majel Roddenberry to replicate her voice?

I agree, also got the Nest Protect for that same reason