TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wind Noise/Whistle from passenger-side mirror

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by BoneHLP, Jan 5, 2020.

1. BoneHLP

BoneHLP Member

Hi!

Just wanted to share a quick fix to an annoying problem that I had since delivery of my car. The passenger-side mirror would whistle very loudly at speeds above 35mph and it was seriously hampering my enjoyment of the car...turns out that there was a piece of plastic that just needed popped into place underneath the mirror housing.

I was beginning the process of adding tape/foam/sponges to the cracks around the door to try and solve it when I saw the mirror housing slightly popped out. I wanted to share this simple fix just in case anyone else is having a similar issue!

Thanks!

2. not4antoher

not4antoher Member

Would you attach the pictures?

3. FrederikBoivin

Yes, would you?

4. BoneHLP

BoneHLP Member

Unfortunately I was on the move when I noticed the the bottom of the mirror was popped out and I didn't take any photos...

5. JT_M3P

JT_M3P Member

You talking about the painted cover? Or the chrome part from under?

6. BoneHLP

BoneHLP Member

Chrome underneath