Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Tinting Ceramic in the Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to have the M3 tinted, entire care and came across Mr. Tint in Santa Clara. They quoted me $925 for Xpel Prime XR+ for four windows and rear windshield (one piece that goes until the window ends). So that leaves 2 glass panels that aren't tinted, the "sunroof" panel and the windshield. I spent a bit of time talking about the different ceramic tints and I feel it's so hot inside and have to turn the AC full blast constantly. Adding those two panels would be 325-375 each, I don't remember the exact number they quoted.

Compromise: Get Solargard Vortex IR for the four doors and rear and sunroof, and using Xpel Prime XR+ for the front windshield since that's where the sun beats down directly, the most.

What do you guys think? And the final price was 1300-1400. It sounds insane to spend that much for window tinting, but I've seen a few youtube vids and it's not that far off from the quoted prices for ceramic tint.

Thanks.

I'm looking to have the M3 tinted, entire care and came across Mr. Tint in Santa Clara. They quoted me $925 for Xpel Prime XR+ for four windows and rear windshield (one piece that goes until the window ends). So that leaves 2 glass panels that aren't tinted, the "sunroof" panel and the windshield. I spent a bit of time talking about the different ceramic tints and I feel it's so hot inside and have to turn the AC full blast constantly. Adding those two panels would be 325-375 each, I don't remember the exact number they quoted.

Compromise: Get Solargard Vortex IR for the four doors and rear and sunroof, and using Xpel Prime XR+ for the front windshield since that's where the sun beats down directly, the most.

What do you guys think? And the final price was 1300-1400. It sounds insane to spend that much for window tinting, but I've seen a few youtube vids and it's not that far off from the quoted prices for ceramic tint.

Thanks.
Go to Jet Black tint they are the biggest tinting company in California they have 15 locations (make sure it’s the FREMONT location because I heard they are the main location and do the best job) is the way to go I tinted my model S and my moms model 3 there and they did a clean job for a competitive price, they do not charge 800$ for the rear windshield like other places, they charged me like 200$ lmao!!! And it was CERAMIC!