Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window tinting in North West

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find it on a search.

Can anyone recommend a window tinting company in the North West for a M3P?

I'm looking for one with Tesla experience and the ability to do the back window in one piece.

Thanks.

I’ve used Wraps and Tints several times, over 5 years, always a good job. I’ve had window tints plus some PPF.

They were in Chorley area but now based in Preston. Their portfolio page will reassure you as to their clientele.

(Satisfied customer, no financial or other connection).

Tony

Reactions: PSmigg
I’ve used Wraps and Tints several times, over 5 years, always a good job. I’ve had window tints plus some PPF.

They were in Chorley area but now based in Preston. Their portfolio page will reassure you as to their clientele.

(Satisfied customer, no financial or other connection).

Tony
Thanks, will give them a shout see if they can do the back window.

Unfortunately Wraps and Tints can only do the back window in a split piece. Shame as they look really professional.

Anyone got any other recommendations?

If not I’ll have to have a rethink about how this can be done and what other people’s views are on having a join at the back. Or maybe even leaving the back window alone (maybe that would look odd).

I had my back windows done at a place in Chorlton and very pleased but they wouldn’t do the back window at the time. I’ve since decided not to bother. Well, until I see one done ;)
91BE1F6F-D0AF-452F-97F5-33EEA76FC9B6.jpeg

I had my back windows done at a place in Chorlton and very pleased but they wouldn’t do the back window at the time. I’ve since decided not to bother. Well, until I see one done ;)
That looks quite good actually - that might be a good quick solution. I thought it would have looked like an obvious omission but with the half tint already from the factory it looks purposefully done. Doesn't affect rear visibility either.

What % tint were those rears?

I have had both our Model S and M3P tinted. Model S is from recollection 17% and M3P is 20%. It is a noticeable difference.
I have found with the M3P it is very dark when you look in the rear view mirror. A bit too dark for my liking.

On our M3P I have done only the half back windscreen. It shows a line across the glass. I'm happy with it but I could see some might not like it. When discussing the tint with the tinting people they suggested it may make the interior very dark by tinting over the whole of the window, especially the parts where you are adding tint to already tinted glass.

I'm North of Chester, you would be welcome to come and have a look in which case DM me.

Reactions: James7C2
I have had both our Model S and M3P tinted. Model S is from recollection 17% and M3P is 20%. It is a noticeable difference.
I have found with the M3P it is very dark when you look in the rear view mirror. A bit too dark for my liking.

On our M3P I have done only the half back windscreen. It shows a line across the glass. I'm happy with it but I could see some might not like it. When discussing the tint with the tinting people they suggested it may make the interior very dark by tinting over the whole of the window, especially the parts where you are adding tint to already tinted glass.

I'm North of Chester, you would be welcome to come and have a look in which case DM me.
Thanks - didn't think about the fact that I'd be doubling up the tint and I don't want the people in the rear feeling too closed in.

Where did you get yours done?

Thanks - didn't think about the fact that I'd be doubling up the tint and I don't want the people in the rear feeling too closed in.

Where did you get yours done?
M3P was done at GFUK Autodesign 13, The Arena, Bromborough, CH62 3AE.
Model S was done at Ultimate Tint, Unit A2-A7, Evans Easyspace, Deeside, CH5 2JZ

Both did excellent jobs, very good friendly service. I have no connection to either. M3P cost around £200, Model S around £250.

I'm considering getting my Tesla wrapped when it arrives, in a matte colour

Can anyone advise on how much something like that costs, those who may have past experiences

I have absolutely no clue how much something like that should approx cost