Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window tinting recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my Model 3 in November. With spring around the corner I want to tint the windows. Can anyone recommend some shops in DFW area? Tinting the front windshield, have other owners done it? Does it help with the internal temp? Would you recommend it? Did tinting the entire back help with reducing temp?

Reactions: Premiertint
Hello, and welcome to the forums! I haven't gotten my M3 tinted yet, but I do plan on it, and I'll probably go with XPEL's solution: XPEL | Window Film | PRIME Automotive Window Tint | XR PLUS | XR | HP | CS

The detailer that installed my PPF also installs their window tint, and I was impressed with their work, so I am probably going to take it back to them to get the tinting done. They showed me a little demo they have in their showroom using a heatlamp to show how big of a difference the tint provides for heat reduction.

XPEL has a installer locator on their website, so that should help you find some shops.

As a side note regarding the back window, be sure to ask whoever you have install it if they use one piece of tint or two pieces for the back window. My installer told me he's seen a number of installers use two pieces of tint due to the size and relative difficulty of installation. I personally would find any sort of seem on the rear window unacceptable.