Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows lowering by themselves

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This came from MaxEv

MaxEV | June 23, 2018
One time a couple months ago I returned to a parking garage and the driver's side windows of my Model 3 had rolled itself all the way down. Obviously windows that roll themselves down could result in rain damage or result in someone breaking in to your car. I also had some issues with the window sometimes not rolling quite all the way up after the door was shut. I called Tesla service and they told me how to re-calibrate the window. To do so, they said to hold the window down button until the window was down and then to hold it another five seconds. Then roll the window all the way up and hold the window up button another five seconds. Since I did the re-calibration I haven't had any problem with the window. You might also try rebooting your computer by holding both buttons down on the steering wheel which I've done to resolve a variety of other minor issues.

Don’t let anyone tell you this is user error. For some it might be but for me it most certainly was not. It happened to me twice in 2 days (passenger window) and the second time I had double checked after exiting the car. Tesla also confirmed that it rolled itself down after they checked the logs. They reset the regulator and I haven’t had a problem since.