Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield eyebrow tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be interested to see/hear your results!
I received the order, and it was packaged nicely. Living in Canada, the shipping took an extra long time, and I didn't realize I would have to pay $25 CDN for customs. The retailer should have mentioned this, as most retailers do warn you if there will be a customs charge.

The tint came in one piece. This means I would have to cut the piece in half, install it, and then trim off the excess against the interior camera section on both sides. I emailed support asking about this, and this was their response:

We do not cut out any hardware pieces as different cars have different options example: rain sensors, on-star, etc.

I didn't order a generic pre-cut tint. As per their website, I requested a 2019-2022 Tesla Model 3, which should have been cut into two pieces. After all, their website states the following:

• We will pre-cut the patterns for your exact make, model, and year vehicle.
  • You will be very pleased with how precise the patterns actually are.
I also measured the tint height of the driver's side is smaller than the height of the passenger's side. That means if I had installed the tint and ensured the bottom was perfectly aligned, there would be a gap at the top on the driver's side.

I'm not impressed with this site and would only recommend them to some. In hindsight, I will now take my car to my local tint and have the work done properly.

Here is a pic of a dry fit prior to releasing the height on the drivers side is off.

IMG_2120.JPG

Reactions: brianbcc
I received the order, and it was packaged nicely. Living in Canada, the shipping took an extra long time, and I didn't realize I would have to pay $25 CDN for customs. The retailer should have mentioned this, as most retailers do warn you if there will be a customs charge.

The tint came in one piece. This means I would have to cut the piece in half, install it, and then trim off the excess against the interior camera section on both sides. I emailed support asking about this, and this was their response:

I didn't order a generic pre-cut tint. As per their website, I requested a 2019-2022 Tesla Model 3, which should have been cut into two pieces. After all, their website states the following:

I also measured the tint height of the driver's side is smaller than the height of the passenger's side. That means if I had installed the tint and ensured the bottom was perfectly aligned, there would be a gap at the top on the driver's side.

I'm not impressed with this site and would only recommend them to some. In hindsight, I will now take my car to my local tint and have the work done properly.

Here is a pic of a dry fit prior to releasing the height on the drivers side is off.

View attachment 956985
Thank you and good to know.
I don't waste my $ with them.
Cheers!