Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Ghosting on a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just my luck.

Its primarily happening on Model X cars and im the first Model S the service center has seen with this issue. Its like having mini bifocals in your windshield driving you crazy.

There is apparently no fix, so thats good.

In the German Forum also noticed this with their Model S: Windschutzscheibe spiegelt im dunkeln extrem • TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer & Freunde

I had to google this ghosting affect to see what you guise ment, came up with this article

Why Tesla’s Model X Is Giving Some Drivers Double Vision
Here is the most used Model X thread:
Double vision (ghosting) at night through windshield?
Article got a pretty mild image, here is one from that thread.
screen-shot-2017-01-30-at-8-44-51-pm-png.212792

Do you see those lines as strongly as the picture indicates or is it a camera effect? Did it always look like that? Pretty Crazy!
I had that happen in my model x after a rain storm.... the vertical lines went away after turning on Defrost!... Ghosting definitely still an issue.

No camera tricks. No rain. Nothing to defrost. No film or tint. o_O

133.JPG

135.JPG

Oh hell naw! If my windshield was like that I'd drop it off at the sc and let them fix it whether they "see" it or not.

Yep, you are right. I was overly concerned with breaking the seal and causing other probelms with a replacement.
But its no longer drivable and Tesla is very anxious to replace it. I receive excellent service.....it was my delay. :(