Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pruitt

Pontificating the obvious
Jun 27, 2014
Casper WY
I'm on an unexpected road trip and am currently in NJ. Home base is WY.
Windshield was cracked, and Tesla service center in Cherry Hill was able to fit me today to replace it. I really appreciate them doing so, but...
Invoice says new windshield is for AP2 and later. My car is AP1. Maybe an incorrect entry- not a big deal.
They also replaced the light/rein sensor module to the tune of 150 bucks. Don't know why. They did not discuss with me when returning the car. Now when in auto headlights and day/night instruments lighting, headlights are on in full daylight, and instruments are in nighttime mode at the same time.
Does the replaced module control lights & instruments?
Does it take time for the new module to calibrate?

I'm on an unexpected road trip and am currently in NJ. Home base is WY.
Windshield was cracked, and Tesla service center in Cherry Hill was able to fit me today to replace it. I really appreciate them doing so, but...
Invoice says new windshield is for AP2 and later. My car is AP1. Maybe an incorrect entry- not a big deal.
They also replaced the light/rein sensor module to the tune of 150 bucks. Don't know why. They did not discuss with me when returning the car. Now when in auto headlights and day/night instruments lighting, headlights are on in full daylight, and instruments are in nighttime mode at the same time.
Does the replaced module control lights & instruments?
Does it take time for the new module to calibrate?
dont believe they can add work/parts without your expressed consent.....if they do, I do nor believe you have to accept it or pay for it....Now that you have it, I would check when you get back home what the replacement actually does and if it affects anything you have