Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield wiper fluid only on passenger side?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I press the button to wash my windows it appears that window wash fluid only comes out of the passenger side window (left side). The left wiper blade wipes it to the driver side a bit but is this normal? Shouldn't washer fluid come out of both wipers Left & Right?

When I press the button to wash my windows it appears that window wash fluid only comes out of the passenger side window (left side). The left wiper blade wipes it to the driver side a bit but is this normal? Shouldn't washer fluid come out of both wipers Left & Right?
Yes it should come out of each wiper. Take a needle and clean out the washer spray nozzle on the back of the wiper. If that does not work, Tesla Service advised taking the rubber hose loose at the reservoir and blowing low pressure air through the hose and nozzle.

Reactions: ehadrive3
Upvote 0
This happened to me and I noted that the hose had come unattached. Open the frunk. You have to pop off the plastic piece near the window (it is around the filler cape for the washer fluid itself). It should pop out.

7e186210-0e07-4bbf-a82a-265570bd42eb.jpg

Under that, you will see a thin black hose running to each of the wipers. Make sure all of those y-connectors are attached.

9218569b-1ee0-4f40-a3ec-599122643adb.jpg

If everything is working attached, then you can go through the steps above to see if they are clogged.

Upvote 0
This happened to me and I noted that the hose had come unattached. Open the frunk. You have to pop off the plastic piece near the window (it is around the filler cape for the washer fluid itself). It should pop out.

View attachment 889391

Under that, you will see a thin black hose running to each of the wipers. Make sure all of those y-connectors are attached.

View attachment 889392

If everything is working attached, then you can go through the steps above to see if they are clogged.
Thanks so much for this detailed post

Upvote 0

View attachment 889391

View attachment 889392

Upvote 0