Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield wiper function

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to Tesla and new to the forum! I have a new 100 D - what a beautiful, sophisticated and fun machine. I have only had the car for a few weeks and only one minor issue -- the windshield wipers.

In the rain sensing modes, the wipers are not very sensitive to rain and lots of rain builds up on the windshield before the wipers are triggered. Do others have this experience? I note the wiper selection on the screen is labelled "beta." What does this mean? Are there any adjustments to the wiper function? Thanks for any feedback!

The automatic windshield wipers are controlled by a forward facing camera seeing drops of water on the windshield.

This is a relatively new invention for Tesla, and was not well received when it was first introduced (for free) via OTA firmware updates.

Over the following months, several more updates have been made, and general concensus is that it is getting significantly better.

Expect performance to continue to improve as they learn more from the existing systems.

This same thing goes for the automatic headlights.

beta usually means it is a feature that in announced, but is scheduled for additional enhancements.