Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wipers oscillating when in use.. this can't be good for the motor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really think wipers on the MY are the worst I've experienced. It's loud, it oscillates when it's in use as if it's got too much friction so they get caught/released, caught/released. I think this puts a lot of stress on the motor that's driving these wipers. Is there any solution? Maybe Rain X or something that can lubricate the windshield?

I really think wipers on the MY are the worst I've experienced. It's loud, it oscillates when it's in use as if it's got too much friction so they get caught/released, caught/released. I think this puts a lot of stress on the motor that's driving these wipers. Is there any solution? Maybe Rain X or something that can lubricate the windshield?
Try cleaning the windshield with something stronger than water.

If that doesn’t work replace the wiper blades, they need replaced every two or three years. A lot of auto parts stores will install them for free.

I drove my MY almost 100 miles in SoCal rain yesterday, no issues with the wipers.

Reactions: AlexHung
This will fix it for sure 😉
Happy x-mas 🎄

Attachments

• Wiper Blades (Adjust).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
I was in IMC between Fort Worth and Dallas yesterday. Wipers on IIII
You know, only the pilots here understands that.

Last time I was IMC in Texas I had to spent $10k at the paint shop. Okay, it was a small hurricane.

IMG_1050.JPG

Last edited: